The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ISC concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlaskanDsm

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
I have read through some of the past forums and just want to verify my problem. I have been having some minor idle issues with my car. Sometimes it likes to surge a minor amount but when something big comes on such as the AC... my car will sometimes stall out. I decided to test my ISC yesterday based one the instructions from DSM simple test page

When I tested pins 1-2 2-3, they tested good at 31 ohms at like 100 degress outside
When I tested ping 4-5 5-6 They tested bad? at 0 ohms at 100 degrees

Did I test something incorrectly or is my ISC bad?

When looking through other forums, I found another test reference that is basically the same thigs as the one I used but with pictures and It tell me the same thing for the procedure.
DmTaLoN's Idle Speed Control Test/Fix Page!

Thanks!

Works for me, i just wanted to verify before I get into changing it and having to have to tell my girlfriend that... I have to spend more money on the car haha. I just found a junkyard here in Phoenix that I will take the multimeter with me and see if I can get one from a junkyard that is working for the time being. Thanks for the help!

Works for me, i just wanted to verify before I get into changing it and having to have to tell my girlfriend that... I have to spend more money on the car haha. I just found a junkyard here in Phoenix that I will take the multimeter with me and see if I can get one from a junkyard that is working for the time being. Thanks for the help!

You just need to find an ISC with one good coil. They can be rebuilt in <20mins and is very easy if you have any soldering knowledge. All you need is two ISC's with each having 1 good coil, then you combine them.

If you really tested 0 ohms on 2 coils, you may want to pop the cover on your ecu and check the isc drivers. When the ISC coils short like that, they almost always take out the drivers in the ecu. Look for a section of 6 slim black chips all next to each other in the top right of the ecu. IC105 and IC107 are the ISC drivers. If one of them is blown, a new ISC won't solve anything unless that gets fixed as well. Hope this helps.

If you really tested 0 ohms on 2 coils, you may want to pop the cover on your ecu and check the isc drivers. When the ISC coils short like that, they almost always take out the drivers in the ecu. Look for a section of 6 slim black chips all next to each other in the top right of the ecu. IC105 and IC107 are the ISC drivers. If one of them is blown, a new ISC won't solve anything unless that gets fixed as well. Hope this helps.

This is deffientely something I will keep in mind when I change mine out. I will grab one from a junkyard if possible that is working and slap it in. If I don't notice a change, I will pull out the ECU *sigh* haha.

Can the ISC not working cause my car to stall when the AC comes on?

wooooww.... Never even consider calling the dealer for ANY parts.. I just was curious about the ISC from mitsubishi and they quoted me like $340 for the screws, ISC, and o-ring... OMG WTF :barf:

Not actually considering it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back