The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

how much could i get for my Talon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaBirdtsiawd

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
Lancaster_PA
I've come to learn that i just can't afford the addiction that my car has on me, and in order to go to school and do the things i want i have to suck it up and sell it. I'm looking for some help from the members here to help me find a number to put it up on ebay for. I'm not going to be selling it for another couple months (gotta get some summer usage)

I checked Blue Book, and i know that technically aftermarket parts don't add to the value, but a majority of people will pay to have the stuff already on there. My list of mods is in my profile but here's a quick rundown

98 Eagle Talon Tsi Awd 73,000 miles, I'm the 3rd owner of the car and i have every reciept for all mainence and parts since i bought the car. Had 60,000 mile service done at 58,000 miles. Inspection and Emissions just completed with no problems. 4 Sumatoma tires that are about 8 months old. All aftermarket mods are in my profile.

Any help from any of the people here with expierence on prices would be awsome. Thanks

How about you throw a number out, and i'll tell you if i would pay it.

Mods do not add value period. You may as well deal with the fact we eat the cost of any mod we do to our car and that those mods detract from the long term value of the car not enhance it.

Some people will actually deduct the price of having to replace/repair a mod with stock parts. You can mod yourself out of a sale pretty quickly.

Time slips are not your friend when selling cars.

Myself I deduct 1k minimum as soon as I see any sign a car has been modded. More if they look like "racing" mods.

Your best bet it to find a F&F wannabe with a good source of income ( the internet is a great place for that) and you can probably get a bluebookish price with all the "mods" maybe the $6,000-9,000 range.

I would give $4,000 if I thought it was a perfect car, and I was interested that should give you an idea of the price range you can expect.

Jon

Your best bet when selling a modded car, is to find someone who will appreciate what you have done to it. Either another enthusiast or a wannabe. Start with the bluebook for private sales, but you'll probably have to work down from there.

-T

Just as Travis said you are going to have to make sure you find someone who appreciates the car and would value the mods. I have had to turn plenty of people away from buying my car because they "didn't care about the mods". True you can't just slap the cost of all the mods on top of Kelley's price and expect it to fly but you can get something out of it. If i owned the car i wouldn't accept less than $8500 for it.(That's just me though, i negotiate for a living)

I paid' 7K for my 95 GST (60K miles), around here in Frederick MD, that ain't a bad price at all (I didn't really feel like going out of state, plus this car will help me build my credit.) anyways... I myself, because of the miles, and the year, couldn't see myself paying over 7K for a AWD.
Mods ALWAYS take away money with me. You don't find people that are happy to see mods on cars - unless they are young and dumb. If I am buying a mod'd car.. I always have a little voice in my head "Hey.. this cars got a 99.9% chance, that its been rag'd.. and that the engine in piss poor condition" - they had a 98 GSX, pretty much EVERYTHING was done to this car, very nice DSM, and the dealership wanted 12K for it... it sat there for awhile, untill some younger kid brought it to our hangout one night, prolly his first car? Anyways, the only reason I bought my 95 GST, is because it was, and pretty much is BONE STOCK when I got around to it. The car had a history of being leased... which was most likely what kept the parts off of it.. but when I got it... 3rd gear syncro had been beaten to death. Anyways I'll quit talkin' about.. wouldn't pay over 7K or 8K..

Okay. The trash-yapping, infighting, arguing, bitching and squabbling has been edited out.

Throw out as many guesses at evaluation as you care to. But save the piddley yes-it-is/no-it-isn'ts for the Hangout.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back