The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

high knock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaparker

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2006
Grand Junction, Colorado
have a 97 gst. when i start my car my knock is fine, reads o and fluctuates a little when at idle. 0 at throttle. but overtime as i am driving the knock increases slowly. idle or acceleration doesn't matter it starts to climb and will not drop. after about an hour of driving or so the knock count is at or above 30.
i had my afc dyno tuned about a year and a half ago only mods since have been a 1g throttle swap which to my understanding shouldn't have changed my a/f because the mass flow would compensate for the extra air, and a boost controller. I am boosting at 13-14 lbs. which should be acceptable on a stock 2g system. WTF? any help would be appreciated.

this is not that bad. some little knock like that is not the real knock that can destroy your engine. Real one is like 15-17-20- maybe 30 counts in one pull with full throttle applied. you are talking here about knock sum this is not the same thing. it is normal for an engine to '' pink '' a little

I would agree about the bad knock sensor but I am getting a sputter out of it every so often that sometimes kills the car. The car won't start for a while, then it will run again like it never happened. I was also getting a misfire code but it went away after I regapped my plugs. So I think there is a problem regarding my air to fuel. I know I could remedy it with the afc but I want to find the source, not cover it up.

I would agree about the bad knock sensor but I am getting a sputter out of it every so often that sometimes kills the car. The car won't start for a while, then it will run again like it never happened. I was also getting a misfire code but it went away after I regapped my plugs. So I think there is a problem regarding my air to fuel. I know I could remedy it with the afc but I want to find the source, not cover it up.

Have you checked fuel pressure? A fuel pump going bad can cause these symptoms too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back