The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Help with Oil Pressure gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoEgsX90

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2006
Yon, New_York
Hey guys i was wondering someone can give me some info on a oil presssure gauge, i had this gauge come with the car that was in the pod but it was not installed..All it has is i believe 3 wires comming out of it diff collors?? im sure and think its missing something right???

It should be a red, black, and another color wire. Probably blue.
Obviously red is positive and black is negative and the other wire is the wire you connect to the pressure sending unit.
Is your stock oil pressure gauge working? If so, look at your oil housing and see if there is a second oil pressure sending unit without a wire hooked up to it and hook that third wire up to it.
If there isnt a second unit, order one that works with the gauge and install it where the stock one is if you dont mind the stock gauge not working. If not your going to need a T fitting to hook up both senders.
Or you could run a ss line and remote mount the sender(s) somewhere else in the engine bay which from my reading is highly suggested. Apparently the vibrations from the motor can make sending units fail. I have had my autometer sending unit installed in the stock location for almost 4000 miles with no problems.
On a side note, I tried a T fitting to make both senders work and couldnt get it to stop leaking. So I removed the stock sender and went with only the aftermarket sender. Just an FYI.
Good Luck :thumb:

Ok man thanks im going to look to see if theres another sending unit there...Yea my stock gauge does work...but its actually reading low oil pressure...I have a 6bolt built block with a built 7 bolt head, and was told to hook up a oil gauge and not use the factory that it could be off... Anyone know where i can get a sending unit i believe the gauge is a glowshift gauge

Ok man thanks im going to look to see if theres another sending unit there...Yea my stock gauge does work...but its actually reading low oil pressure...I have a 6bolt built block with a built 7 bolt head, and was told to hook up a oil gauge and not use the factory that it could be off... Anyone know where i can get a sending unit i believe the gauge is a glowshift gauge

Contact the company who makes the gauge, the sending units are made to work with specific gauges. If you use another brand it may not be accurate.

It is better to take the pressure of the head and use one of the adapters with some ss line to relocate it as well, also keeps the engine bay clean.

It is better to take the pressure of the head and use one of the adapters with some ss line to relocate it as well, also keeps the engine bay clean.

Im not sure if you can do that with a 2g head?
I know the 1g has the oil feed line for the turbo off the head that you can use but I dont recall ever seeing an oil pressure gauge on a 2g head?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back