The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

oil pressure gauge help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T11GGZ

Probationary Member
Aug 24, 2014
brooklyn, Ohio
Ok I seen other threads on this but I wanna make sure I have the right help so heres my problem I have a 95 talon TSI and my oil pressure guage is at zero wont budge at all just stays at zero I notice this goin down the high way last week I stopped turned the car off and checked I had the right ammount of oil on dip stick I got the car home I let it sit came back next day turned it on and the oil gauge didnt move at all I let it sit at idle then checked my oil it was fine and there is oil getting to my cams lifters all that. now I noticed today that if I turn the key to the on position the gauge take 5 secs then moves to the halfway point as soon as I crank the car and it turns on it just drops to zero but if I just get in the car and turn the car on it wont move from zero anyone know what my problem might be?

Is the gauge aftermarket or OEM? the OEM switch wiring can be loose. Its located below next to the oil filter. It could be crudded with dirt n mud or loose.

Well just to make sure I went to HF and bought my self a manual pressure test kit but can any one tell me wat normal start up, idle, and warm engine pressure is?[DOUBLEPOST=1411521841][/DOUBLEPOST]Oil pressure*

Cold starts on a health engine should be close to 100psi (depending on the oil and if you have a balance shaft delete)

Warm starts should be 10-20 psi range
If your close to these values then you should be fine.

Ok thanx alot
now I would like to ask a off topic question
my car after warming up a little it will start to idle really low almost stalling. and i noticed while driving that if I try to accelerate fast it wil hesitate like it bieng held back. When boost hits it will accelerate. I tried hiting the gas yesterday to see how bad this was and after I slowed down the car shut of but started right back up any idea what the problem might be?

Actually just had this issue on my 99 eclipse gsx the connector on the wire is flimsy and just fell off

thought that a bad sending unit or bad wiring or connector would only turn on oil pressure light only if sending unit sees too low of oil pressure or the sending/ wires or harness are shorted. other than that it should not affected the performance of engine or ecu, unless or course oil pressure is low but if that was the case the bearings on the engine would start overheating. check vital sensors like engine/coolant temp sensor, throttle position, idle air control valve, mas airflow meter and o2.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back