The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Good lord gas=1.89 a gal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is safe to have sex with a girl that you know has aids without a condom?

it's a daliy driver still stock... i would say yea... not with my other car... i don't even think it's safe to run 93 octane....

rivet0r said:
You're about to be flamed. I just payed $2.57 a gallon the other week. :thumbdown

hah..highest payers of gas prices on this board must be me! :cool:

1 gallon is about 3.7 litres...

1 Litre costs 1.20 EURO..99 octane...95 costs 1,17!! :thumbdown

so 1 Euro is 1.20$...

so 1.17 Euro eqauls to $1.40 per Litre.converted to US gallons its $1.40 x 3.7 eqauls OMG

:barf: a whopping $5.18 per gallon here in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

i should get some kinda prize for this... :D

opec blah bush is also the problem watch the gas prices drop when election time comes round an those oil that we pretty much own in iraq start bein put to use

im glad i picked up a bone stock laser rst for 500 bucks. Compared to my awd, I dont care if the laser is purple, I get over 300 miles per tank instead of 180 or so. But if you all want to bi*** about gas prices, sell your car and buy a cavi. You made the commitment, now lets all stick together and soon the rough times will pass. And no, it is not ok to run 87 in your dsm. Not even stock.

$4.02 :cry::cry::cry:

i wish it was still 1.89 a gal

and yes...i am seriously bringing this back from the dead....LOL

I'm not quite sure how much the premium is here. I think around 4.30. E85 went up from 2.89 to 3.49 in just 3 months :(

It's even more ridiculous since gas prices per barrel just went down alot and gas prices keep going up.

...and most Americans never know how good they have it. Try going overseas, and then come back and continue to complain about gas prices. With the exchange rate it is about $9.00/gal right now in Germany. Good thing I don't have to rent a car!

Although the reasons behind the increased prices is another issue, I don't mind it all that much. I am hoping it will encourage some better alternatives for myself and others. Although the fuel prices do not affect me quite as much as some, it is still something I have to adjust for. I am a full-time student and have to commute to school.

...and most Americans never know how good they have it. Try going overseas, and then come back and continue to complain about gas prices. With the exchange rate it is about $9.00/gal right now in Germany. Good thing I don't have to rent a car!

And they have the ability to use some decent public transportation.

How about instead of "Look how good we have it" considering 90% of us live in a community where public transportation simply isn't economical for us, we could always say "look how good Venezuela has it and their .12 a gallon."

CNN/Money: Global gas prices

And they have the ability to use some decent public transportation.

How about instead of "Look how good we have it" considering 90% of us live in a community where public transportation simply isn't economical for us, we could always say "look how good Venezuela has it and their .12 a gallon."

CNN/Money: Global gas prices

Don't get upset, or jump to conclusions about what I said. I felt that I was being very vague when I mentioned other alternatives. I am not one of those 'look how good we have it people'. Just because we may have it good relative to the rest of the world, does not mean it could not be better. I assume the extent of your knowledge of foreign countries stops with the link above. You are correct about the public transportation issue to a point- it is not as practical in many places in the States. However, around the world there are so many differences of all kinds which help people cope with fuel prices. For example, there are rideshare websites which are fairly common out here which I have used multiple times. It is a very convenient process which is almost always faster, and far cheaper than almost every form of public transportation. Additionally, much of the rest of world drives much more economical cars, and rides on scooters and such. This is something else which I think Americans are much less inclined to do. As much as I love the hobby of cars, I think much of the rest of the world is less concerned with what they drive; to them cars simply need to get them from A to B without discomfort.

Oh, and sorry for the long post! :)

I'm not quite sure how much the premium is here. I think around 4.30. E85 went up from 2.89 to 3.49 in just 3 months :(

It's even more ridiculous since gas prices per barrel just went down alot and gas prices keep going up.

E85 prices have gotten way out of hand. Last year i was gettin it for 2.02 for almost the whole year, but it has jumped way up lately. It has started to increase in price in relation to gas instead of independently. Im afraid to look at what its up to this week.

:barf::barf::barf::toobad:

im not gonna lie i think i threw up alil when i read all that. I mean that is before hurricane katrina hit down here. I was driving an 88 jeep wrangler on 38" tires and getting 11mpg and it was all good. I was still pissed that it was 1.90 and swore if it got to 2.00 the could kiss my ass i wasnt driving anymore. Now it takes what would fill my jeep up just to fill up this car $40. I know that isnt alot to people who drove trucks but it would have cost me $20 back then. Thats a 100% increase. I still think im gonna puke. Maybe I should start looking for a job in Venezuela and go enjoy .12 a gallon. I mean depending on the currency cross over maybe i could sell most everything I own and go down there and live like a king LOL. :sigh: damn high gas prices

Next think you know we will have to buy a solar powerd car. $4.00 a galllon WTF?
at least give us some good health insurance, think they would give us a rase or something.
Talk about a recession.:notgood::(

Horses...... Giddy up... 10 years from now, horse drifting will be a main stream sport.

Second only to shit-shovelling. :rolleyes:

I think electric cars are going to be performance kings within a decade. Both for sport and economy. The battery situation will be resolved, possibly by swap-out stations as well as leaps in battery technology.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back