The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Gm maf location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcolt

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 27, 2003
Toronto, ON_Canada
Searched for the most recommended location for a gm maf. I just received a free one and figure to try using it. Main reason for going with gm maf is for making space in the tight colt engine bay.
I have seen many pics with it installed just before the TB elbow.
Does it matter where along the intake path it goes? Before or after the bov?
I plan to vent bov to atmosphere.
I am running v3 link, with bc cams and FIC 750cc 16g externally gated

You would install it after your BOV. You will also need the ecmlink GM MAF cable.
You will need maf translator for the Gm maf! After BOV and the closer to throttle body makes for better throttle response. Don't need the DSM link cable if you aren't running link. Can also use an safc to tune it

You will need maf translator for the Gm maf! After BOV and the closer to throttle body makes for better throttle response. Don't need the DSM link cable if you aren't running link. Can also use an safc to tune it

His post says he has link v3. No translator needed, just the cable. A translator will work with v3 instead of the cable (just set the ECU to stock MAF) but the GM MAF integration is better.

Last edited:
Post bov. Pre tb. It will clean up your bay and is easy to setup plus free is always good. For about 50 bucks though u can get a gm intake temp sensor and a map sensor and have it look real clean and get better throttle response. Junkyard finds.

I do have the link cable for the gm maf.
For now I will run the gm maf and have it dynoed and tuned with it. I will consider SD afterwards.
Thanks guys for the clarification.
I will post pics up once it done. Can't wait to get rid of the stock MAF.

I wanted to add that SD takes up even less space and can be easily hidden.
I would never go back to a maf of any kind. SD so no matter what, the motor still runs fine, even if you spring a leak or blow a coupling and takes up about 1" for a bung for the IAT, Link does the rest. Just my .02 :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back