The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

gauge wiring....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFZERO ECLIPSE

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 20, 2004
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Ok its been a long time since I posted around here...and I've been searching and searching for info on my gauges...

I run full cobalt series gauges...boost/vac, egt,a/f (narrowband) ok for the boost its white and black simple....black = ground <<<--connected white = 12 dash lighing<<--not connected...

EGT= white,red, and black......got the red tied into the ecu and black grounded on the chassis...no idea where the white wire goes labled as 12dash lighting....

A/F same deal= white, red, black and purple......red tied into ecu with egt, black tied with egt to chassis, and purple to pin 4 on the ecu via vfaq.com still did not connect white 12 dash lighting....

As with reading this you should see that non of my white wires for 12v dash lighting are NOT hooked up....:rolleyes:

Anyone have a clue where I should tie the white 12 dash lighing wires into???Help would be appreciated thx....

Always seems to be a problem with this damn dsm :beatentodeath:

Mods in profile if n e needs to see not too much of a newb...:rocks: :rocks:

You can use any 12 source that is on when the lights are on. I tapped into the cigarette lighter "light" wire, and used it to activate a relay that sends 12 volts to the lights in the gauges.

ok you wouldnt happen to know which wire it is as im getting reasy to go wire it all in?? also any wire that could be closer to the dash due to the wires they have in the gauges aint that long at all.....probably around 3 feet...and i like all my stuff to be well hidden thx wiseman....i really hate dealing with relays btw...and yes they CAN fail....happend to me on fuel pump rewire damn relay

if I may suggest; dump the AFR since it's pretty much functionless and innacurate. Pick up something important like an oil psi gauge. The EGT that you have should be enough, if you can afford it upgrade that to a wideband o2 gauge.

ok guys just an up-date....got new indiglo gauges wired in via vfaq.com and got the boost gauge wired in via rre. jumptronix installation.....:thumb:

ok now my problem arises....:cry:

for the narrowband a/f gauge (I know I should get rid of it but its all I got to play with for a while) connected the purple wire to pin 4 on ecu (think its on the right 1....95%)
black to ground
and red to ecu 12v ignition source....no lights???(think its on right 1....95%)

as well with the egt gauge...
black grounded
white connected to same white wire that feeds boost gauge and also supplies power to the gauge overlays...off the foglight switch...
red wire tied in with a/f gauge on ecu ......again no lights for these 2 gauges

also for all power leads via...red wires I got 1 amp 3ag fuses fast acting catridridge....and since both red wires were not long enough I soldered them to a piece of speaker wire together and then soldered to ecu harness.....any ideas of what I might have done wrong...I soldered every connection.....went overkill on black tape to just be extra cautious.....took my time on everything......just wiring is not my specialty....:toobad:

ok really quick got the egt gauge to light up and work now....so all thats left is the a/f ratio gauge....

red wire to 12v connection pin 4 ecu.....
black grounded to body....
purple to ecu o2 sensors line....

still no lights please help.......

I got to call autometer on monday found out the problem.....when I bought my first a/f gauge which I kinda blew up......I sent it back they sent me a new 1......

the 1 I sent had 4 wires the 1 I got has only 3....no wonder no dash lighting....but all in all thanks for all the help and everything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back