The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Ga 1/2 mile I am in this year!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
I have been trying for 2 years to get into the ga 1/2 mile event with no success. Well this year with my big mouth I am unofficially in LOL. I am parking the car and keeping it healthy until may because I don't want any excuses or breakage. Maybe with some serious top speed I can put to rest, the show what the car can do talk, can't wait! A couple of weeks ago devin's red demon pulled a top speed of 213mph cool. Its going to be nice to see just what the grey beast will pull! devin's video below. Take a look at what we dsm have to deal with here in Atlanta , all kinds of high dollar cars and as you can see there are no dsm represeting us but this will change this year for sure.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

devin's run nice!

Last edited:
Nice good luck.. The fast fwd 1/2 round here is hitting 190 or so.. Are you gonna do any aero work?
Thanks! Not sure its kind of a new territory if you know what I mean. But I will say this I have been 187mph at little Talladega on the back stretch and the car felt very comfortable. I have been experimenting with several different brand of tires lately trying to find one that I am comfortable with the car is blowing 4th and 5th gear out the box:p. One plus about the 1/2 mile track here is the surface is concrete and my car love concrete;) it seems to scoot scoot scoot very rapidly:D I am so excited I am just plain speechless!

Last edited:
Nice go out there and represent still haven't been to ga in a while but plan on it soon working on new career which means more money for car, love videos.

Definitely work on the aero. Undertrays, make sure you don't have any unblocked off holes in the front of the car that will trap air, uinderneath and definitely take time to setup that boost by gear if you haven't already. :) The old adage applies. All the HP is meaningless if you can't put it to the ground and do it efficiently. Work on the small aero, have good tires and setup the BPG. The car will fly. I would use the ER/LL sponsored teggy as a model. Good luck...and make us proud! :)

Definitely work on the aero. Undertrays, make sure you don't have any unblocked off holes in the front of the car that will trap air, uinderneath and definitely take time to setup that boost by gear if you haven't already. :) The old adage applies. All the HP is meaningless if you can't put it to the ground and do it efficiently. Work on the small aero, have good tires and setup the BPG. The car will fly. I would use the ER/LL sponsored teggy as a model. Good luck...and make us proud! :)
Hear ya I I'll do something to help for sure.

Well its Ga 1/2 mile countdown getting a little excited. I received my vehicle tech and safety sheet this week I must say I am ready. I recently sent an email asking about how much distance we have to stop and I was given an answer of at least another 1/2 mile this kind of put me a little at ease to know to give the little gst all she got :D.

Attachments

• InspectionTechSheet(2) Ga Half mile..pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
Keep the rubber down and stay safe.

Thanks guys. It's been a long week. After having my hood come up and damaged my windshield twice second time being yesterday, end up replacing the latch , two new hoods and two new windshields I must say I am glad to be here. Goto check the slave cylinder after driving 3 hours it's was giving me some problems. Will address it when we get a little daylight .

Despite many issues today I took 1rst in the Fwd class. I started out with 33 psi went 157mph and on the next pull I turn the boost up to 40 psi and was really ripping the track and forced 3rd gear and either the 3/4 hub broke or the 3/4 shift fork broke couldn't shift into 3rd or 4th gear my day was over. Had to drive back to the cabin we rented shifting from 2nd gear to 5th :(. Overall I had a blast and will be doing it again in september. I will post videos later.

Last edited:
Your car compressor surges badly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back