The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

FIC Injector question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quasimondo

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I just installed a set of FIC 650 injectors, and they don't seem to be seating right. I can hear air leaking around the lower head seals (sounds like a pressure cooker when it's at full boil). Has anyone had this same problem when they installed FIC injectors? Am I missing something here?

This is the right seal, correct?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

(click on pic for larger image)

Problem solved. I had to remove the spacers that went between the fuel rail and the manifold. I just replaced them with washers that I used as shims until it was seated nice and good. Good thing I bought a set of rings and seals before I installed everything.

That's good, I will be doing mine soon hope I won't run into problems.

are you sure that was a good idea not using those black spacers? Those things are there for safety purposes and so that you don't overtighten the bolts connecting the rail to the head. Ive read here about someone who didnt use them and his fuel rail snapped in half. Just thought id bring it up just in case.

I always use oem injector orings for FIC injectors, they are a bit of a pain in the ass to get them to seal good, but I'd much rather do that than remove the black spacers.

Get a new set of oem o-rings, and put the black spacers back in, very caregully guide the rail and injectors into their seats, and you will be fine, remember over tightening can tear the seals, so can tightening it down without the injectors properly seated

The noise you heard may very well have been a torn seal, when it comes to fuel dont mess around, pull the rail and check the seals, if you have a torn one you can blow fuel out under boost.. call me crazy, but that sounds like a bad idea

Matt

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back