The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

FIC injector install problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro3racer

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2004
Stevens Pt./UW-Whitewater, Wisconsin
I'm in the process right now of putting in 580cc injectors from FIC in my car to replace my stockers. I have new bottom insulators, and i went to take the top o-ring off the first one, slid it on the new FIC injector, and it almost seems like the FIC's take two of those orings per injector and not just 1 on the top like the stocker? Am i wrong here? Also, with the stock injector, do i still use the big rubber grommet on top on the FIC. A picture of a ready to go 580 would be perfect...

I just went to lowes or home depot and went the the piping and fauset ile and got the o rings for fusets they come like 10 in a pack for $1.50 works great. Just take your injector there and find the right one that fits the best.

well..i called FIC and those injectors are not FIC injectors after all, so i'm now on the hunt trying to figure out what they are, i know there from extremepsi though.

that was my next guess...heres the number
2143 17113741 thats whats on the top body. If your not sure i'll call them up quick. That does make sense though since PTE makes a 580.

GSX93DSM said:
I just went to lowes or home depot and went the the piping and fauset ile and got the o rings for fusets they come like 10 in a pack for $1.50 works great. Just take your injector there and find the right one that fits the best.

You'll want to be careful of just going to the hardware store for o-rings that are going to be used in an oil and gas environment. Usually the "faucet" o-rings are made from Buna-N which is not as durable in a fuel environment as Viton, which should be the material of choice.

Buna-N will work, but it will only last about half as long as the Viton seals.

found the injector to be a PTE 580 and not a FIC. The injectors are in the car now and they seem to fit very nicely. I would have ran a boost test but i broke a stupid vaccum T for my boost gauge/fpr line, so i'll need to get another, but it all is coming together much better now.

Help...now it won't start, i have the injectors in, the safc on, and it just barely fires then dies right away...any ideas. The afc is hooked up right, everything to the ecu, white and yellow wires going to the AF wire. Its a 50-knob by the way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back