The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Dsm graveyard built hx35

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk8freak8989

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2010
sterling, Massachusetts
I was just searching on there website and i saw thats they are selling Hx35 turbos with the bep housing for a very good price. I was reading the description and it said it was a new turbo. So i called them to try to find out if it was really new or if it was just a rebuild. They told me that is a brand new turbo that they build themselves. They custom make the center housing and use Garret internals. What I dont know is if they use garret wheels, holset or even a custom setup. If anyone has any info on turbo, or if anyone is running it could you please post it up.

thanks

They told me that is a brand new turbo that they build themselves. They custom make the center housing and use Garret internals.
Ummm....what they're telling you is impossible, which doesn't come as a shock in the least.

According to their site, all they're doing is installing the BEP housing and modifying the compressor housing to accept a universal coupler. Nothing special. Not sure where the "we're custom making the CHRA and using Garrett internals" came from :confused:

This is a New Custom Built HX35 Turbo we build "In House". This starts as a New Holset HX35, and we add the Bullseye Power Turbine Housing, and adapt the compressor housing to fit a universal silicone coupler. This has the highest "Bang for the Buck" rating you can get for power to value. This setup will be very good from 300-550 HP! Moves a lot of air, and our choice on our low 12 FWD Drag car!

Not only is that impossible but they do not have the capability. Making a CHRA takes hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cnc machinery, engineering, and manpower holding dimensions to >.0001 on some features.

sorry if i sounded testy. According to them they have sold about 150 of these turbos so i posted this up just to see if anyone here has run them. I guess that is probably not true. I will stay away from them.

I have heard MANY sketchy reviews about them even on my local DSM forum.

If they actually told you they have sold "hundreds of them" then it pretty much confirms the reviews.

Well we know they can't be new turbos from Holset. The only way you can buy a new Holset turbo is from a Cummins dealer, and you need a core to complete the transaction. This would be a complete turbo, and it would generally sell for around $800-$1000 on a core exchange. Add to that the $300 Bullseye housing and you have a turbo that should be selling for $1100-$1300 according to my math.

Sounds to me like they're buying junk cores from somewhere and slapping a Chinese BAE CHRA into it which should be good for around 5k miles or until the turbine shaft snaps, whatever comes first.

If you want to know about a vendor, check out there reviews

DSM Vendors - Directory

Also if you use the classifieds and make a deal with another DSM Tuners Member, before you deal check them out here
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader_main.php

You may want to read thu this also
DSM Forums - FAQ: Site Rules & Guidelines

I know this is not about the turbo you are asking about, But sice you are still a Probationary Member
you may want to familerize your self with these helpful tools on the fourm

Well we know they can't be new turbos from Holset. The only way you can buy a new Holset turbo is from a Cummins dealer, and you need a core to complete the transaction. This would be a complete turbo, and it would generally sell for around $800-$1000 on a core exchange. Add to that the $300 Bullseye housing and you have a turbo that should be selling for $1100-$1300 according to my math.

Sounds to me like they're buying junk cores from somewhere and slapping a Chinese BAE CHRA into it which should be good for around 5k miles or until the turbine shaft snaps, whatever comes first.

:hmm: what i thought.

I talked to dsm graveyard today. they buy a cx racing holset hx35 and take the chra out and replace it with a actual holset chra. Then install bullseye power housing.
Yeah f*ckin' right. I'm supposed to believe they're buying this CX Racing junk and throwing away everything but the compressor cover? Why wouldn't you just buy a Genuine Holset CHRA & cover saving yourself a ton of work?

Not to mention what you're saying here is totally contradictory of what's reported in this thread:

They told me that is a brand new turbo that they build themselves. They custom make the center housing and use Garret internals

:rolleyes:

If you want to know about a vendor, check out there reviews

DSM Vendors - Directory

Also if you use the classifieds and make a deal with another DSM Tuners Member, before you deal check them out here
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader_main.php

You may want to read thu this also
DSM Forums - FAQ: Site Rules & Guidelines

I know this is not about the turbo you are asking about, But sice you are still a Probationary Member
you may want to familerize your self with these helpful tools on the fourm

Thanks for helping the new guys out instead of just giving him a hard time for asking a question in the "newbie" forum. This is how we learn things.

A couple months back I went there in kzoo with a buddy to get a head built for our circle track car and they received a couple holsets from ups while we were there. They said they were going to start selling them, but from my past experience with them i would look somewhere else for a holset.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back