The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Different Cam Gears? (CAS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurnBarfield

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 23, 2005
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
This is on a 95 TSI, BTW

I just noticed that my cam gears are different from one another. The biggest thing that stands out to me is that one of them only has one timing mark on it, and rather than being on the inside between teeth, it is on a tooth... My old 93 TSI wasn't like this, and I just found it odd? So do I align the other cam gears inner tooth to the other cam gears mark on the outer tooth, as that would put the dowel marks at the top.

BTW, here a few pics to describe what I am trying to say, and one of my freshly powdercoated/shaved valve cover! :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The gears look different because the intake has the cam angle sensor trigger plate bolted to it. One has the timing mark on the tooth and the other cam gear has the timing mark between the teeth because there is an odd number of teeth on the gears.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back