The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Considering a 2.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So has anyone actually used a 94mm eagle crank? I dont see a std 150mm rod with a 94mm stroke and a 3mm raised pin being a difficult combo to put togeather?

Bryan

Yes, moving the pin up more is possible, but it does have some downsides. ..... you'd lose a tiny bit of the top of piston to 1st ringland spacing that is crucial for pistons to live in high boost/temperature environments.

In a nutshell, the piston would work fine, it would just be a little more sensitive to heat/detonation.

By the way, excellent work wortdog! That's pretty much what the ROSS tech guy said. you know your stuff!

So has anyone actually used a 94mm eagle crank?
yes, but in the 4g64 block... he posted on here about mid-way. "LunchBox" is the name. but, yeah, just order some 153mm rods instead of 159mm and use the stroker pistons and it'd be good in a 4g63. I'm gonna build my 4g63 into a 2.3, so I'll be using a 64 for the 2.2. It's an extra tiny bit of displacement with the bigger bore.

Let me ask this. Has anyone used a 94mm crank with a std length rod in a 2.0L block.

Bryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back