The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Car Flatlined....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SANiTaRiUM16

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2002
NY
I went to start my car this morning and nothing happened. Lights werent left on or anything. I jump started it with a booster pack and it started. As soon as I took off the booster pack the car stuttered and finally died. I tried again, this time the temp guage went all the way to HOT in a second and nothing happened. I freaked. The car wasnt even on for 10 seconds. I then had a friend comeover to use cables. The car started, but as soon as he took the cable off his car my car stopped dead again. I just had it towed to my mechanic. Bad altenator? What could it be that caused the spike in the temp?

Not sure, if I was to venture a guess
1. bad alternator and the batteyr jsut died on the ride home and now hos no charge
2. bad ground
3. dry battery cells
but none of these really explain the temp guage jumping to the top

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back