The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy6411

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2006
Milford, Connecticut
Hey everyone I've been slacking on making a build thread on this little prject for the past year or so. The car has been set up to be a 100% street car and carrys most of the interior. Here are some pics i hope everyone enjoys and ask away about the set up

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What are you looking to do with that 42 on there?

Its actually just a 4094r hopefully some low 10's maybe even high 9's. heres a small mod list

motor
built 2.0
bc 280 cams
carrilo rods
ross pistons
acl bearings
supertech duel valvesprings
arp mains and rods
a1 headstuds
cometic headgasket
no balence shafts
ported and smoothed head

everything else
a1000 pump
fic 1000hp rail
aeromotive regulator
-10 fuel lines
950 fic injectors chanigng out for some 1600's
sumped stock tank
magnus smim
dnp t4 divided exhst mani
4094r turbo
3inch vband downpipe make my me
vband thermal cat back
rm swar bars font and rear
shep stage 4 trans with welded center diff
poly bushings everywhere
agx struts
eibock springs
misc guages
dsmlink engine management
slowboy race fmic
gm maft
63mm throttlebody
hallman mbc

Its actually just a 4094r hopefully some low 10's maybe even high 9's. heres a small mod list

motor
built 2.0
bc 280 cams
carrilo rods
ross pistons
acl bearings
supertech duel valvesprings
arp mains and rods
a1 headstuds
cometic headgasket
no balence shafts
ported and smoothed head

everything else
a1000 pump
fic 1000hp rail
aeromotive regulator
-10 fuel lines
950 fic injectors chanigng out for some 1600's
sumped stock tank
magnus smim
dnp t4 divided exhst mani
4094r turbo
3inch vband downpipe make my me
vband thermal cat back
rm swar bars font and rear
shep stage 4 trans with welded center diff
poly bushings everywhere
agx struts
eibock springs
misc guages
dsmlink engine management
slowboy race fmic
gm maft
63mm throttlebody
hallman mbc
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal:thumb: can i ask where did you start, or what did you do first in building you set up or did you do the whole thing at once. I'm trying to start mine but it will Pretty much be a rolling project , I may eventually do an engine build but for know im going to stick with bolt on stuff.Thanks Eric.OOOO just noticed you have two Braided hoses coming from the valve cover, one would normally go to the intake pipe that goes to the turbo, but I see on yours they go to a chrome cylinder type thing what is this setup thanks again.

sure ya can. i'll give you a little overview of the project. ive owned the car for a while now i bought it with a blown 14b back in 05 threw a 16g got a front mount and all supporing mods then in jan of 07 i finally dyno'd it made 304 corrected whp 330 uncorrected. then next week i bought myself a beater and tore into it. I started teh build with anout 6g in hand and quickley spent it in parts i built the motor by myself weih the help of a local machine shop. Then prety much worked my way out form the motor accessories smmim exhst manifold then payed attention to teh whole car new suspension wheels tires fuel system and such. Ive gone over every aspect of the car and at least freshined it up if not upgraded it. The onley things on the car that i didnt ditch for osmething bigger and better were my dsmlink 950 injectors wich will be sold soon and 1600's will be purchsed and the poly motor mounts haha its been a long road but you can certainley make a fast car thast your daily just doing bolt ons as long as you know what your doing. the lines from teh valvecover are goign to a catch can they are -10 an lines im not using any pvc or check valve type with this motor becasue i am running total seal piston rings and are prety confident that i wont be gettting much blow by even at 40plus psi nothing the big lines and the catch can couldnt handle anyway.:D

Today I Relocated the hallman to the drivers side fonrt timing tin to keep all the lines away from the turbo. I also got the fpr mounted to the rail finally after a good fight given by the return line trying to reterminate it haha.

Today I Relocated the hallman to the drivers side fonrt timing tin to keep all the lines away from the turbo. I also got the fpr mounted to the rail finally after a good fight given by the return line trying to reterminate it haha.

Sorry folks armature time again what’s a Hallman, I’m guessing it’s a brand name but what is it and what does it do, and also an FPR thanks :D

Sorry folks armature time again what's a Hallman, I'm guessing it's a brand name but what is it and what does it do, and also an FPR thanks :D
aaaaah on Studying the pic I'm guessing the hallman is a boost gauge ( the word boost on top kind of helped me doh)and the FPR is a pressure regulator,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hallman is a boost controller, And the FPR is a Fuel Pressure Regulator

thanks dude must have replied when you did sort of got there by looking harder and thinking :D

thanks dude must have replied when you did sort of got there by looking harder and thinking :D
could be another dumb question here, I see the actuator and i see the DNP manifold but i dont get whats inbetween, its kind of a silver thing thats rounded, is it just connecter of some sort.

could be another dumb question here, I see the actuator and i see the DNP manifold but i dont get whats inbetween, its kind of a silver thing thats rounded, is it just connecter of some sort.

Are you talking about the waste gate its self? Its a External waste gate so it dont have a actuator.

Are you talking about the waste gate its self? Its a External waste gate so it dont have a actuator.
yeah its the thing that is connecting the wastgate to
the manifold, or seems to be.i have it circuled here

Yes the silver part is part of the waste gate and it is held pn by a vband clamp
i kinda thought it was, but when i looked to price one up they showed pictures of a waste gate without the bottem half so i was thinking it was something else, so am i right in thinking if i bought this waste gate this would come with it

Thanks for clearing that up it might look a little weird becasue im waiting for some tubing to make a dump tube hopefully it should be here monday.

Thanks for clearing that up it might look a little weird becasue im waiting for some tubing to make a dump tube hopefully it should be here monday.

i take it the other end goes back into the exhaust, so if i went with an external waste gate i would need a new O2 pipe that alows you to plumb one in.:confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back