The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Brake System for drag car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick539

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2004
Wichita, Kansas
We are building a 95 Talon for the strip. This will be a full strip car not streetable. We are planning a chute, but do we need power assisted brakes? My plan was to remove the oem brake system and repalce it with a Wilwood master cylinder (no power assist) and an adjustable proportion valve. Would run all new lines. One of my friends thinks this won't be that good of a system. My question is what are any problems I might encounter? Any constructive input would be appreciated.

Just finished working on a Ford Shogun(#2 of 6 ever built) that had a full Wilwood/Baer brake system....twin circuit MC's and line lock as well. No power booster. Stops fine with a heavy foot.

Just size the Master cylinder/s accordingly to the total caliper volume.....

Done such things for others.

I'd personally put my money in the front kit with a light 12.2 rotor and NDL calipers. Or I'd simply do the Wilwood factory front kit for the value. But you cannot do the pads I'd personally use....

The rear oem stuff will be fine if you take out some weight. You can either gut that parking brake and drill the rotor hat or I can supply you with an alternate two piece rotor package. There's little value in removing the stock caliper. The ounces won't trump the dollars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back