The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G cheaper drag brake option

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH91awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
so ive been looking into drag brake options for my 92. stm's kit is extremely nice but $2000+ seems a bit of a stretch for it. ive pieced some part numbers together that should work into building my own kit but I was curious to see if anyone had actually built their own to save themselves some money.

The Wilwood parts are pretty cheap (especially if you can get them at cost). The only issue is the caliper brackets and rotor hats. STM has these machined for them.

I've been saving my pennies for the STM kit. I don't think there is any cheaper option unless you have access to CNC this stuff yourself.

The Wilwood parts are pretty cheap (especially if you can get them at cost). The only issue is the caliper brackets and rotor hats. STM has these machined for them.

I've been saving my pennies for the STM kit. I don't think there is any cheaper option unless you have access to CNC this stuff yourself.

ive found some hat options that should work through wildwood. actually got a pn from tce on the rear hat. the only thing ive come across that would need made would be brackets.

Same boat man. Really wish there was a better bracket option. I’m sure they work just fine. I just wonder about a thin piece of sheet as a bracket.

Attachments

• 2B22D941-FFE2-4F59-9F58-5BA1D6025C3D.jpeg
    2B22D941-FFE2-4F59-9F58-5BA1D6025C3D.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 103
Same boat man. Really wish there was a better bracket option. I’m sure they work just fine. I just wonder about a thin piece of sheet as a bracket.
I can understand that. kinda looks cheap for a $1000 kit LOL but I guess if it has been proven to work just fine I guess I couldn't argue too much

If anyone is looking for a killer deal on a set, shoot me a PM.

As for the rear set, theres never been an issue with that bracket. That is what it took to make it fit with the design of the 1G knuckle and offset to our brake hats. Our other kits have the thicker aluminum brackets because of the larger offset to the knuckle.

-Austin@STM

If anyone is looking for a killer deal on a set, shoot me a PM.

As for the rear set, theres never been an issue with that bracket. That is what it took to make it fit with the design of the 1G knuckle and offset to our brake hats. Our other kits have the thicker aluminum brackets because of the larger offset to the knuckle.

-Austin@STM
never got a response back from the pm I sent.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back