The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Anti Freeze AND Oil leaking, white smoke.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicious

Probationary Member
Mar 7, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
So im thinking i have a bad headgasket because i noticed a small puddle of oil and antifreeze today after starting my car up (been sitting for a little while due to clutch going out) also i have had some white/gray smoke coming out of the exhaust that i noticed as well

Any input?

Turbo or non-turbo? Can you tell where the antifreeze and oil are leaking from? If turbo, check the hoses on the turbo feed lines. It seems a bit unusual for the coolant/oil to be leaking externally, usually a bad head gasket will allow leakage into the cylinders and/or coolant and oil passages.

sorry yes its a 97 tsi awd turbo with a 97 gsx engine swap, cant really tell since its about 2'' off the ground but it looks like its comin from the rear of the engine, i started it up and let it run for a bit and it didnt leak anymore.

How about the smoke out of the tail pipe? Did it also go away? If you were leaking coolant into the cylinder (which would create the white smoke out the tail pipe if your head gasket was shot), it'd be a constant thing. Like I said, check the coolant lines running to the turbo and you may also want to check the lines for the FIAV on the throttle body. You may also want to check the heater hoses if the leak seems to be coming from the rear of the engine.

4g63s leak oil like the exxon valdez when the get up there in mileage, so the two problems may not be related.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back