The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM wideband install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost92awd

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin
I'v searched and can only find good write ups on the 2G. Its seems like it will be a pretty easy install, but I'm running into one problem. Where do you run the wiring for the gauge through the fire wall? Theres a connector on the end so the whole will have to be pretty big in order to get it through. I dont want to have to drill a whole through the fire wall unless theres no other way of getting it through.

So 1G guys, where are you running your wiring through the fire wall?

I recently did the install and ran it throught the steering column boot. I have a 2g but it'll be the same on a 1g. Other people have ran the wire through the grommet for the rear o2 sensor. It's a really easy install, took me about and hour. Good luck

I also went through the steering boot to run all my wires. I cut a hole in the steering boot and passed a piece of wire loom through it so I could easily pass any wires I needed including my boost gauge tubing.

Thats what I was thinking but, I'm going to have to cut a pretty big hole in oder to fit the wire through it since theres connectors on both ends of the wire.

I guess it depends where you're going to put the sensor in the exhaust, but I use my rear o2 location and just used the original hole in the floor to run the cable. This is for a 2g.

I guess it depends where you're going to put the sensor in the exhaust, but I use my rear o2 location and just used the original hole in the floor to run the cable. This is for a 2g.

Use 1G guys dont have a rear o2 sensor. Just the 1 in the o2 housing.

No shi.... Hmm, well are there any other access plug in the floor under the carpet? Again the 2g has a couple, some that aren't used for anything, so it might be worth a check if you want to run the WB a few feet down stream.

dude u didnt have to do that i passed my threw the firewall were the ecu wires pas threw i didnt cut anything on my 1g

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back