The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

A/F meter jumping pulsing.....???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corman12345

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2003
Laramie, Wyoming
I just put a a/f meter in my 2g talon and also a new front o2 sensor. the problem is when the car is warm and running the a\f meter pulses from rich to lean to rich to lean. I know its not the gauge because when i hook a voltmeter up to it the needle pulses also. the only time the needle will steady is when the turbo is spooling and it reads rich which it should. anybody know why the needle pulses like it does.

thanks,

Corey

Oh god, another blinky light gauge problem. What you need to do is pull the gauge out and throw it down the street because that gauge is completly useless and will not give you any revelant information about how rich or lean your car is.

It will light up the same LED based on .88volts or .96volts. There is a large difference in the A/F ratio on a car based on those two voltages. .88 and your blowing up your car (on a 2G) and .96 your a bit rich, but both conditions light up the same LED on the gauge. Also tuning by O2 voltage is a very bad idea anyways and very impersise at best.

Basically that gauge is a light show and will make your car look like a "race car" because it won't do a damn thing for knowing anything about the motor, what it's doing or if your in trouble.

in case u didnt know corey, air fuel guages only actually work at WOT, if the gas isnt to the floor the a/f lights mean absolutly nothing, it will jump back and forth at idle and when ur cruising at half throtle, thats normal, it only gives u relevant info on the a/f ratio at wide open throttle
in my friends integra that he used to have the a/f guage would follow the beat of the music from the stereo at idle, its really just a pretty light, it ight help a litrle if u dont have anything else to see ur a.f ratio with but it really pretty useless as a tuning tool, espicaly without alot of other guages

I actually found mine to be pretty usefu,l its a little better because it reads at .01V increments. However i would not suggest any sort of accurate tuning with it. I used mine as an OH SHIT im lean gauge, or OH f@ck my turbo just spooled the car is bucking and the gauges us in the redOMG. Its accurate enough to tell you that you are a complete bone head and you have no clue as to what you are doing:p. On a better note i use the wb02.com unit now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back