The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

96 ECU ESI same as TSI????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdoshi9

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 26, 2003
colorado spring, Colorado
hey i have a 96 Esi talon auto i was wondering if the 96Tsi fwd auto ECU would work on my car? i have to replace it! i don't know what will work or not so if someone could help me out with this problem thanks!!!

DUH i know that i don't know what that means with the ECU. does that mean that it will just push more fuel in ?? will this work on my car at all!! and i know that the ESi is non turbo and theTSi is turbo! if i didn't know that i would be in the newbie forum

Esi= 420a chrysler engin, trans, and computer
Tsi= 4g63 mitsubishi engin, trans and computer

they will not work together

It won't work at all because they are 2 different motors. All the wireing is completely different. So no it will not work at all. Get a ECU from a 2gnt with the 420a motor. Basicly a 96 talon (ESI, Base Talon)or eclipse (RS/GS) are the only ones that will work. Other years of the same models might work too, for example, a 97 GS ecu might work for you too.

thanks kirby. thats what i wanted to know!! and for the others i told u im not a retard!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back