The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

95 gst no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergroundpp

Probationary Member
Apr 10, 2006
Centralia, Washington
OK so my car wont start. I checked fuel, i have fuel. Checked spark, i got that. Checked MAF works in another gst. I put dsm link in the ecu thinking ecu went bad. still nothing. I am not getting a karman reading. and like i said i tried my maf in another gst and that car started. I do got 2 valves stuck open in cylinder 1, but would that really stop the car from starting? i really need help. i have too much into this car to let it sit.

and it wont be the valves because they didnt stick open untill 2 days ago. This has been the same problem for 2 months. The car will crank but not fire.

Have you checked to make sure your coolant temperature sensor is plugged in and in working order?

Coolant temp sensor looks to be fine. Water in the Tank? Yea and that would not cause a no start. Also checked the timing and that was fine. I am thinking that it could be a crank angle or cam angle sensor.

When my cam angle sensor went bad the car still started but spit and afterfired before dying. So if its cranking and not firing and everything else is in order I would check the ECU.

well i got no compression. so i guess that i get to tear the head off again. does anyone know if crome molly rings wash out?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back