The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

91stockers 6/4 panda (91 Talon)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91stocker

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2010
Vassar, Michigan
(Edited lengthy back story.)

Mods:
Ported 2g exhaust manifold
small 16g
ARP head studs
Modified holset wastegate
SS o2 housing
3" turbo back
JMF bumper support
Short route fmic
FIC 550cc injectors
Wally 255 w/rewire
Kyb gr-2's w/eibach pro kit
Evo enkei 8 w/toyo proxes 4
Pulled and rolled fenders
Full wire tuck w/fuse box relocation
Battery relocated
Polished intake manifold
Polished throttle body
TRE welded center diff
Shot peened outer gear and transfer gear
Polyurethane rear engine mount

Here's a few pics. I'll post some better ones after a good wash and wax. Its dirty as hell right now. More pics to follow.

side shot.jpg
side shot 2.jpg
engine bay.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good you got her home thats all that matters now dig into her and see what she needs and start the mods.

Good looking Panda! Must be really clean for you to justify flying out there to inspect/buy it.

Things that look out of place (visual opinion, of course): 1g intake/maf
That snorkel really kills it:p

But seriously, any plans for it?

Thanks guys, ive got some plans for it. Some updates too already, but im waiting to grab a supporting membership first to avoid the auto-merge bs.

Current plans:
-Wideband
-Boost gauge
-Fuel pressure gauge

-2g maf
-hard intake pipe
-evo 560's

-1.8 manual rack
-new timing belt cover
-jmf heat shield
-remove engine mount bracket above ps pump
-install a working pcv system w/catch can
-fix hood gaps, adjustments slightly off

But yes i completely agree, i cant stop looking at that snorkel LOL

Last edited:
Well a small update. I got my injectors in today.

FIC 550's

Just waiting on the 2g maf so i can install them together. I will be taking and posting extensive logs, including data from a lm-1 handheld. I ran a set up like this in the past, but i'd like to have some solid data this time on just how close they work together.

I decided on the FIC 550's over a set of evo 560's. The FIC's flow a true 550cc at 43.5psi of fuel pressure. Which should bring the "cancellation effect" of the combo with in a few percent. A margin the ecu should have no problem with. But again i'll post the info i find.

Edit: I really need to pay up for the membership already. I hate killing image quality on all these pics down to ms paint levels LOL

injectors.jpg

Last edited:
Updates:

1. I picked up a nice set of 15" Kirkey racing seats with pads. The site lists them as 13lbs and honestly they dont even feel that heavy. These things are light. An added bonus, they came with a set of custom chromoly tube seat brackets powder coated black.

2. Got my 2g maf w/pigtail and filter adapter from ups.

3. Installed the 550cc injectors.

Hopefully i can get the seats and maf installed sometime this week. It might hit 50 this week, woohoo! Bring on spring.

Another surprise i found this week, the car has dual piston front calipers and they're powder coated black.

seat 1.jpg
seat 2.jpg
seat 3.jpg
maf.jpg

Last edited:
Another small update:

Its been hard finding time lately but I finally polished the filter adapter. That thing was ugly.

Here's a before and after.

before.jpg
Filteradapter2.jpg

Last edited:
Another small update today:

I got the kirkey seats installed. The pics i took turned out so dark that there was no point is posting them up. But the next nice day i'll take it out and get some good shots.

I did however manage to weigh them against the stock seats before the install.

Stock cloth seats w/brackets - 58.2lbs
Kirkey seats w/custom brackets - 16.8lbs

That's a loss of 82.8lbs from a simple seat swap. Not too shabby.

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

Last edited:
Well i've been holding off on the updates hoping i could get some time but my schedule has just been too tight with the new house and all. So i'll post what i have been up to lately.

1. I finally got rid of the snorkel:hellyeah: I got my 3" dejon intake pipe with the a longer coupler for better flow down to the inlet. Cleaned and wet sanded the maf housing. Looks almost new, specially paired with the newly polished adapter and new dejon pipe.

2. I wired up the 2g maf pigtail into the harness. Pretty happy with that one. Looks oem.

3.My buddy had some parts laying around so i picked up a boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, and a Joe P. Pro Z billet mbc off him.

4. I grabbed a mint front 1ga bumper from a local part out. Zero cracks and all the mounting tabs are still intact. I thought about trying my hand at painting. Plan is to spray it white to replace my current bumper which has a crack and a decent scuff mark underneath.

5. I changed out the evo 8's for some talon swirls powder coated gunmetal (matches the intake pipe now) with some snow tires mounted to them. Looks great imo. I like it better then the evo 8's actually.

I'll get some pics of them mounted as well as the interior shots with the new seats up soon.

Hope to have some more updates soon.

dejonpipe.jpg
2gmaf.jpg
dsmparts.jpg
joep.jpg
bumper.jpg

Last edited:
The injectors look beautifully packaged! LOL

Yea aren't they? haha. Really, thanks though, they work great.

Anyways what are your plans for her? Just a fast street machine?

Yea, doubt i'll ever go bigger then the 16g. Possibly a hx35 sometime in the future but idk. Im not looking for anything crazy.

The car should rip though, i know its well under 3,000 lbs. Kind of anxious to get her on the scales. A 16g in a sub 2700lb auto car sounds like fun to me :hellyeah:

Looking good. Funny story, but glad it's coming along good.

Car looks good. :hellyeah:

This is Jake from Bay City.

Hey Jake I found that Joe P. MBC i was looking for! I knew I put it somewhere...

Hows the jack stand racer coming along anyway nick? Going to be ready to line up against the FWD land yacht this year?

Finally some updates worth while. I know its been long overdue.

Swapped out the noisy lifters for a new set of 3g lifters. No lifter tick is an amazing thing LOL.
revisedlifters.jpg

Wired up the boost and fuel pressure gauges.

A quick shot of the brackets i rigged up. I'll get some shots of the finished product soon as well.

gauges.jpg

Few other boring maintenance items also.

Changed the passenger front wheel bearing. That was a pain.
Changed front ball joints.

Hopefully more updates to come.

Its been a long time since I updated this thread, but the car was tore down for 5 months waiting on the center diff and gears from TRE.

Additions:
1. Welded center diff, shot peened outer gear and transfer gear are now installed. Trans got a fluid flush and some fresh fluid.
2. Picked up an AME EMS, 24 tooth trigger wheel, and AEM wideband.

But sadly two days after finishing the center diff install the factory head gasket decided it had had enough.

Now im contemplating a part out. Im just losing interest.

Dont let it go man. HG is an afternoon job, and only a couple hundred if you spring for new timing stuff at the same time. If it were me, id keep it and fix it. I contemplated selling mine right after getting it running but everytime i drive it, it steals my heart more and more. For one, youll prolly never get the money you have in back out by selling whole, and two, parting out is so sad to watch. If life isnt forcing you to part with it, fix it up and keep driving it, you'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the encouragement. Its just an interest thing. I've got a 600hp 6 speed targa top vette in the garage and a v8 s10 drag build.

The issues i have with DSM shops over the last couple years and the 5 month wait on parts just killed my love for these cars.

Im with you on the part out being sad. Id hate to tear it down, dont think i could honestly. I'd rather take a big loss on it than to see an empty, clean, rust free shell hauled off to scrap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back