The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

91stockers 6/4 panda (91 Talon)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I feel ya on the shops thing, i followed your other thread, it can swing when you get screwed. Just had a local place try to machine a turbine housing for me on a custom turbo i wanted to do, and when i went to check out the progress, it was ruined. Told him it was shot and he wanted to charge me almost 400 for the crap job. I walked out and left it there. He didnt tell me he was going to try and "eyeball" the damn radius, shoulda sent it to a good shop.

Seriously tho, the hg isnt a horrible job and once thats done, itll be fun to drive again. Its amazing how the drive will reinvigorate and revive the passion on a good build like yours.

Your other builds/cars sound sick as well, should post some pics or links :D

Ouch man, that kind of incompetence is frustrating isnt it and it seems to be everywhere. You have to wonder how these guys stay in business.

Yeah maybe thats it. I barely drive the thing. I got the AEM EMS forever ago and just haven't had time to install it. The truck is getting all my attention at the moment.

Heres a walk around i just uploaded.

Pulled the head and found the stock head studs had stretched. The head gasket looked ok. I probably could have re-torqued it with some arp's.

Sending the head out to be resurfaced anyway. New gaskets and arp's on order.

Last edited:
Been a while since i updated this thread.

Picked up a remanufactured head, rebuilt to OEM spec.

-New OEM head gasket
-ARP head studs
-New exhaust manifold gasket
-New exhaust manifold studs, washers, nuts
-New intake manifold gasket
-New throttle body gaskets
-New valve cover gasket
-New thermostat housing gasket
-New block dowels
-New injector seals

Just waiting on my gates timing set to arrive :hellyeah:

(edit: forgot new injector seals)

Last edited:
Few pics from the latest delivery.
17901984_10212737104243132_91512966_o.jpg
17887264_10212737105883173_1295609542_o.jpg
17886913_10212737106163180_1779184949_o.jpg

Last edited:
New Gates timing set arrived this morning.

-New Gates timing belt
-New water pump
-New water pump gasket w/o-ring
-New Gates tensioner
-New pulleys

Got it installed and timed this afternoon. Time to add fluids and plugs :hellyeah:
17886843_10212776855556890_800231283_o.jpg

Well some bad news. Its pushing water still, im guessing the machinist missed a crack in the head or something.

It pushed water after the HG install. Tore it down double checked everything, cleaned and reinstalled. Still pushing water.

The car is up for sale as is. $2,000 obo. Will package the AEM tuning package with the car for 500 vs the 700 bundle price.

No longer have the time or motivation. Ad will be posted soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back