The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

7 Bolt main bearings...Difference for 95-96 and 97 and up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okm12346

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
So I'm getting new main bearings and I see they sell two sets that are for 7 bolts. now I know all 7 bolt bearings and whatnots are the same so why they do that? it says main bearings for 95-96 DSM and then 97 and up and Evo bearings. Does this have something to do with trying to fix the crank walk in the early 2g car...IDK. Anyway, My car has 2.4L 7 bolt engine, so which set of bearings should I get?

Thanks

if the engine is out of your 94 galant then you need the main bearing that has the thrust bearing portion incorporated into the mains. Just take a look at the block if you can. The block that uses the newer style thrust washers will only have a groove cut into the only into the block while the block that use the older style mains with the thrust flange will have a groove cut into the block and the main girdle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back