Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Turbo System Tech
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Turbo System Tech: 4G63 turbos, Intercooling, Boost Control, Wastegates, etc.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 01:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 212
Photos: 5
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to sniperelite
2G-specific

s362 vs FP 3582HTA

Well what do you guys think about these two turbos? I am doing a new full build on a 6 bolt and wanted to get into the 10's and I was going to get the new FP 3582HTA with the .82 A/R. But now i just saw a post about the s362 turbo and how people are saying the 35r is hyped up which yes i agree it is very hyped up. But how would these turbos compare if im looking to get into 10's and want something that will last me a while and i won't have to redo my setup a year after i finish it? I know the HTA is B.B. and the 362 isn't and I would expect that the HTA would outlast the 362 but I don't know. What do you guys think?

Visit sniperelite's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Banned Member

Tech Posts: 63
Whats with the title?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

If you read up there is no specific term from FP for their new HTA model 35r. So many people are referring to it as the "Hot Tight Ass" model 35r. If you do some quick investigating you can find out about the name relatively easily.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:58 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,741
Classifieds Rating: 2
Reputation: 2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperelite View Post
Well what do you guys think about these two turbos? I am doing a new full build on a 6 bolt and wanted to get into the 10's and I was going to get the new FP 3582HTA with the .82 A/R. But now i just saw a post about the s362 turbo and how people are saying the 35r is hyped up which yes i agree it is very hyped up. But how would these turbos compare if im looking to get into 10's and want something that will last me a while and i won't have to redo my setup a year after i finish it? I know the HTA is B.B. and the 362 isn't and I would expect that the HTA would outlast the 362 but I don't know. What do you guys think?
Both are enough for your goals, spool on the HTA will be better, and both will last a long time unless you do something stupid.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:41 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Ya i figured that the HTA would spool faster but i have read somewhere that the 362 has better torque than the 35r and still holds the same hp.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:02 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,075
Photos: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to IPT
There is an SRT4 that runs 10.5 on the S362 and he drives it on the street everyday.
View photos of this member's car 

Old 03-09-2008, 05:51 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 776
Classifieds Rating: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperelite View Post
35r is not a bunch of hype.I dissagree.

The BW 362 is a good turbo as well.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:14 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

I am not saying that the 35r isnt what people say it is, I am just saying that I hear more about the 35r than the BW turbos around here

Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,741
Reputation: 2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to2gGSX is an experienced, knowledgeable member worth listening to
They are just the more popular choice nowadays. You also hear more about ACT than Fidanza--it's just the way things are.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:26 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 438
I just ordered an s362, I chose it because I wanted something different, as well as it being rebuild-able. When the CHRA section goes on the 35r it's time for another snail.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:59 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 335
Photos: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
I just ordered an s362, I chose it because I wanted something different, as well as it being rebuild-able. When the CHRA section goes on the 35r it's time for another snail.
From where you ordered it?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:19 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,323
Photos: 11
Send a message via AIM to me612
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gGSX View Post
spool on the HTA will be better
Spools faster then an S362 in which exhaust housing? The BW turbos are supposed to spool a bit quicker then other standard bearing turbos. My S362 is going in right now. I got it in the T3 .70AR flavor.

But I have never seen an actual comparison of spool on a S362 vs. a GT35R. If you have a link that shows an actual comparison, please share. But if I were to just guess, I'd guess that the spool for both of these turbos would be pretty similar.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

The only comparision that I have seen between the GT35R is with the S366. (not sure why). The S366 spools about the same as the GT35R and made more power (duh it is a bigger turbo) So that being said I would assume the S362 will spool quicker than the GT35R.

An SRT4 with the T3 .85a/r turbine housing and S362 spools around 4100-4300 rpms.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:28 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

That sounds a little more like what I'd expect. Any idea what the exhaust housings were on any of those turbos used in the comparison?

Old 03-14-2008, 07:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,304
Photos: 4
Classifieds Rating: 12
Reputation: Steve93Talon is extremely helpful and trustworthySteve93Talon is extremely helpful and trustworthySteve93Talon is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to Steve93Talon
We're in the process of swapping a GT35R in the FP bolt-on housing for a BW S362 in the .85 div. T3 hotside. We'll be sure to post results with logs when it's done. I'm expecting the 362 to spool at least as fast and gain lots and lots o' power.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by me612 View Post
That sounds a little more like what I'd expect. Any idea what the exhaust housings were on any of those turbos used in the comparison?
The BW turbine was the T3 .85 a/r no idea on the GT35R

Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Proven Member

Steve93 make sure you get those results up when you get that swap done. I am sure there are a bunch of people out there who would like to see how it compares to the 35r.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:34 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wd-Eclipse View Post
From where you ordered it?
I ordered it from MAP performance. They were closest to me, and were very helpful. I also chose the 362 because it should make more power then the 35r and well, I'm just tired of everyone running 35's..

I'll be running about 30lbs daily, on pump and meth. Along with all the other mods to support ~600 ish hp, it should be a fun ride this summer.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:20 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

Awesome choice. Which exhaust side did you go with?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:26 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Here's a couple shots of my 362 mounted up for the first time for those interested in seeing.