The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

s362 vs hx40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I meant the turbine housing. I just noticed JMF makes an o2 that fits the twin scroll T3 .76 6bolt turbine housing. so they have a perfect solution for this turbo setup. I think i've decided what I wana go with. Thanks :thumb::thumb:

What?! there's more than one who's had a head feed to a holset and it failed. There have been dozens of BW catastrophic ('epic' on tha intarweb) failures due to oiling. And don't forget all the garrett failures recorded over the years (practically killed PTE). and MHI failures recorded over the years (feed from other than the head and roll the dice). . . DSM's can kill a turbo. The oil pressure is too varied and random per build. It's just a fact that it won't be consistant enough not to measure it. . . It's like not measuring your ring gap, or your boost, or your timing. There's NO ONE who knows their oil pressure and feed a holset from whatever location and not seen a long life. Sean's right. It IS lazy not to check your oil pressure if you're runnign a non-stock turbo. I've personally posted the requirements for years. And OVER and over, and over and over, and over, and FLIPPIN' OVERRRRRR again1!! NO one who's run the right oil presure has had a holset failure. . . And very few garret failure's are recorded when the right oil pressure was verified. It's stupid simple. You can use your fuel pressure gauge that came with your aeromotive FPR kit, or your fuel pressure gauge you'll have to buy to adjust your adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Sorry, but 25psi by 5500rpms with a 2.4 and running 11s just sucks. Fun vs. downshifting to get to your powerband is a difference of the time it takes to down shift. IF this is a track car, then who cares? But if this is a street/track car, the "feel" is definately a determining factor in your turbo decision. So with that in mind, here's even another option. . . Take a search on twinscroll hx40 and findout what people say about street fun and top end with the twinscroll hx40 setup. The cost will be close/similar. More money for the manifold, but no money for the turbine housing.

Which hx40 are you going to buy? "HX40" is like "T4". That's a frame size. Which compressor are you going to run? The biggest hx40 will definately match the s362. And yes it should spool faster. It has done so, so far. . . And we all know a holset is cheaper. Sean's right. The hx40 pro is all you need for your goal. The bolton or .55a/r housing is fine. But the .70 a/r housing would be even better and definately fits within anyone's lag goal for such a performance (690whp turbo with a spool of 20psi by 4500rpms: is that ok?). . .

But either way you look at both turbos, they are better than a gt35r ;) At least you're thinking about what works the best, not what the most have used.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back