The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2012 West Coast DSM/Evo Shootout - Cancelled

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes there will still be a Dyno Competition. The only aspect of the event that had to be eliminated was the Drift Competition.

The Dyno Competition & Car Show will be held on Saturday, the Drags will be held Sunday/Monday with the Awards Ceremony on Monday. More details will be up on the West Coast DSM Forum Thread in the next few days as we get everything worked out from the location change.
BTW, we're also still looking for volunteers to help out with the event. Details on how to volunteer can be found here.

Probably a good thing drift competition was removed, because that's simply something that shouldn't be used in the same sentence as DSM or Evo.

This sounds like the west coast version of Buschur's DSM/Evo shootout, only kinda weird that you have it going through to Monday. Better off just keeping everything on the weekend than to extend it on a Monday.

Just my 2 cents, from prior attendance at DSM/Evo shootout in Ohio, most people are going to want to head home on Monday.

Probably a good thing drift competition was removed, because that's simply something that shouldn't be used in the same sentence as DSM or Evo.

This sounds like the west coast version of Buschur's DSM/Evo shootout, only kinda weird that you have it going through to Monday. Better off just keeping everything on the weekend than to extend it on a Monday.

Just my 2 cents, from prior attendance at DSM/Evo shootout in Ohio, most people are going to want to head home on Monday.

The Drift Competition was intended for other attendees besides DSM/Evo racers. And as far as the Buschur comparison, Yes it is intended to be a similar experience for those of us on the West Coast. Those guys seriously know what they're doing. :cool:

I'm also glad you've brought up the Monday issue. We've been kicking around the same thought and it is good to hear from someone outside the planning crew regarding the topic. We'll be discussing it at our next meeting. Thanks for the input!

Posters have just dropped! Look for them in your local shop.
:cool:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The new dates cause a bit of a problem for me since my son's birthday is on the second and I also would have class on Monday and would need to leave Sunday night to make it back to grants pass. I would really like to come but unless I can figure something out for his birthday then I wont be able to make it for this one. You should also post this on FB because I haven't heard of the change until now, so I am sure there is a lot of people that don't know about the change in location and dates.

j-biggz, I have posted it to FB a bunch of times. But for those not on our FB fan page WestCoast DSM/Evo Shoot Out 2012 | Facebook.
The Shootout is only going on Sat & Sun. Bring your son! Children under 12 are free and we'll make sure to do something to help him celebrate. ;)

We've also eliminated Monday because most people need that day to travel back to wherever they're coming from.

Raymond1927 - T-shirts are available in our Performance Catalog. There are new ones being screen printed currently with the image being displayed on the posters and will be available within the next week. So If you'd like one with that image I'd wait a week until the new ones are in stock.

I am not happy about the copied name but I appreciate you changing the class names and such so the entire event is not a copy of mine.

Good luck with the event, I hope it's a success.

So this event is Cancelled?

Well I was Planning on heading down for this event but since its is cancelled I will be going to a local event at Renegade Raceways in Wapato, WA. See Link below:

Schedule

The event is on September 1, Northwest Import Invasion presented by Delta Camshafts. This area here is swarmed with Lil Honda Rice Burners and if anyone is down to roll with me to this event Let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back