The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1500whp combined stock motor challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicken Patty

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2007
Miami, Florida
Well,

Just got done with these tunes on Saturday and between the three cars we hoped to get 1500whp from them. All are daily driven and stock bottom ends. One car even drove down from Jacksonville to Miami for the tune and was driven back.

We fell just short of the quota due to one of the cars having an inconsistent clutch. One pull slipped, the other was fine. Before we pushed our luck we just stopped and decided to give it another go once it's fixed.

First up was Jax or known on here as Jaxness. If you want mods, see her profile page.

Basic mods are:
-stock 6 bolt bottom end/2G head
-Kelford 272's
-HY35 @ 27psi for pump tune / 30psi for race gas tune
-Tuned by me on a black box ECU using EcuFlash with Speed Density conversion.
Here are her pump gas #'s and race gas #'s. Torque was 417 ft-lbs on pump, we stopped getting a tach reading half way through the race gas tune so couldn't get a torque reading on those.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Next was my buddies stock 7 bolt motor GST. He's not a member on here but here are the basic mods:

-Stock 7 bolt motor
-HX40 6 blade in .55 A/R Bolt on Housing
-28psi on E85
-Tuned by me on ECMLink V3 with Speed Density Conversion

This is the car that had the incosistent clutch. First pull was 410whp, but stopped shortly after because of the inconsistency. Something was obviously wrong and no point to continue if we might not have gotten anywhere.

Last was my car. My profile is up to date for mods, but basic mods are:

-Stock 6 bolt bottom end with 2G pistons/2G head
-GT3582R in BEP .55A/R housing
-32psi on E85
-Tuned by me on ECMLink V3 with Speed Density Conversion.

Just wanted to share these as reference for people with similar setups in mind

Really close to your goal! Post it up once the guys clutch deal gets fixed! Jax's car is sex

Really close to your goal! Post it up once the guys clutch deal gets fixed! Jax's car is sex

Yup. Was possible if the troubled car would have cooperated. Oh well. But yes, her car is sex! I drooled over it in pictures and then it was right in front of me. Sweet mother of god! 2nd time I see it and it just gets better and better. But yeah, I got to spend quality time with Delilah. Shhhh, don't tell Jax. :p

You're a double threat, now! Tuning beasts on ECMLink AND ECUFlash ;)

I LOVE my tune, and I'm very proud of the power my car makes, safely! :) No one could have done a better job :D

Now we have to get Jay on here so he'll see why he shouldn't sell his car, LOL

You're a double threat, now! Tuning beasts on ECMLink AND ECUFlash ;)

I LOVE my tune, and I'm very proud of the power my car makes, safely! :) No one could have done a better job :D

Now we have to get Jay on here so he'll see why he shouldn't sell his car, LOL

You fell short Jax. I tune AEM EMS, FIC, pretty much anything you throw my way. ROFL

...and yeah, I've tried to get him to sign up but the internet is not his world LOL.

You fell short Jax. I tune AEM EMS, FIC, pretty much anything you throw my way. ROFL

...and yeah, I've tried to get him to sign up but the internet is not his world LOL.

Ok, well I pressured you to add ECUFlash to your belt, LOL

Ok, well I pressured you to add ECUFlash to your belt, LOL

Yeah you sure did. Caught on rather quick too LOL. You need to show us a clip of the car :). Heard even on pump gas that thing is a spin machine LOL.

Wish i would have been able to make it, it would have been 2000. :sneaky:

Wow, can't wait to watch this unfold...I think i should bring the colt down to you.....

Wish i would have been able to make it, it would have been 2000. :sneaky:

Your car could have very well picked up the slack for the car that has the clutch issues and made it 2000whp LOL. Bummer man. :(

@11banger, you are in Georgia? I have a few with interest up there. If there is enough cars to tune up there I'll consider making the trip. You have a hella nice setup by the way!

Maybe next time we have a big meet it will be put together and ready for 650+. :cool:

Wouldn't be "stock motor challenge" anymore though. LOL

Maybe next time we have a big meet it will be put together and ready for 650+. :cool:

Wouldn't be "stock motor challenge" anymore though. LOL

HAHA, I see what you did there. :p

@11banger, you are in Georgia? I have a few with interest up there. If there is enough cars to tune up there I'll consider making the trip. You have a hella nice setup by the way!

I can ask to see if the guys are interested, I'm currently deployed so by the time I get back most of the local DSM's will be busted & broken... & the car is a turd LOL..... Its only a colt bro :shhh:

I can ask to see if the guys are interested, I'm currently deployed so by the time I get back most of the local DSM's will be busted & broken... & the car is a turd LOL..... Its only a colt bro :shhh:

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Keep me posted bro:thumb:

Guess I'm not cool with my t-4....

Not sure if i want a forward facing, or a top mount with hood exit exhaust & dumps

Topmounts are sexy. the only thing stopping me from one is the A/C that I'm not taking off. Fan setup with top mounts are a bit harder to figure out if you want to keep the A/C.

Topmounts are sexy. the only thing stopping me from one is the A/C that I'm not taking off. Fan setup with top mounts are a bit harder to figure out if you want to keep the A/C.

No A/C, no P/S, & Alt relocation LOL....I'm moving to CO when i get back.... Who needs A/C in the mountains.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back