The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

11.0 @ 136 Hx40 Gst inside !!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't think the user that posted is the owner, more likely someone within our club here in NY. I know the owner of that car, He's come a long way with that beast. It's hard to believe that the whole car was white at one point :-o

Reminds me of the guy that rebuilt my motor and his extensive build. Damn gorgeous car though, I love those burn outs!
And nice runs, how are the slicks working for the fwd?

Looks like fun...

He still lost both races though.:p

I wish there was a turbo slightly larger than an HX40... I wouldn't mind selling off my DBB FP3065 setup to test it out. Oh well.

I agree, it would be quite nice. It seems the next jump when you ditch the T3 platform is into the giant HX52/55, GT42, or S372/74 category, and at that point your car just isn't streetable anymore with a 5k+ powerband.

I agree, it would be quite nice. It seems the next jump when you ditch the T3 platform is into the giant HX52/55, GT42, or S372/74 category, and at that point your car just isn't streetable anymore with a 5k+ powerband.

Aren't the HX55s smaller than the 52s? I am thinking something that could run a large T3 would be perfect.

The HX40 just doesn't stack up against larger turbos like the 6266 or 6766 that I plan to run, even the HTA 35rs.

I have an HX52 here and often wonder how it would spool on my 2.3l..

Aren't the HX55s smaller than the 52s? I am thinking something that could run a large T3 would be perfect.

The HX40 just doesn't stack up against larger turbos like the 6266 or 6766 that I plan to run, even the HTA 35rs.

I have an HX52 here and often wonder how it would spool on my 2.3l..

Let me know if you try that hx52 on the 2.3 because I've been contemplating the hx52 on my 2.3

Let me know also cause i wanted to try it on my 2.3 also right now i get like 42 psi at like 4800 on my hx40

Let me know if you try that hx52 on the 2.3 because I've been contemplating the hx52 on my 2.3

Don't hold your breath on that one LOL. I have a custom FFM being built for it to go on my black Talon. It'll be swapped out for a S475 after I get some numbers on the HX52 which no one is yet to do LOL. That motor is a high compression aluminum rod 2.0l though.

Right now on my DD have a 2.3 and a DBB FP3065. Nothing like a 9s turbo with the spool of a 16G LOL. Thats all fine and dandy but I still rather have something a bit more progressive. I literally step on the pedal and things get violent. I prefer the more gradual spool of something larger so the FP is FS.

All in all the HX40s are selling for pretty close to the same price of used 6262s etc, the lure of the HX40 isn't quite up to par with something like the HX35 which is a true bargain as well as the HX52 in comparison to their competitors.

Let me know also cause i wanted to try it on my 2.3 also right now i get like 42 psi at like 4800 on my hx40

What PSI were you at when you ran the 10.8 in your profile?

Now I have seen a lot of comparisons to turbos similar to the HX40 but it seems as though all comparisons are comparing them to Dave who is beyond an exception. It seems like a more reasonable to consider the HX40 a high 10/11s turbo putting it right in line with the HX35s who seem to run similar times?

The couple local HX40 guys are 11s all day and can't seem to shake the habit. The auto ones naturally are a bit faster but even out here the HX35 more than give them a run for their money and it is usually a toss up. Just an interesting observation...

Sell me your hx52 then and I'll test it out haha

Send me a PM and we can work something... Talk is cheap LOL money talks. Ironically it is sitting here in a box ready to ship...

Look in my profile at my blogs I have an entire blog entry dedicated to this turbo. Opened it up had it checked out new V bands, polished housing, billet will. It has some micing done as well.

Its a BEAST of a turbo, not as intimidating design wise as my S472 was but its every bit as big. :rocks:

Last edited:
Haha. I saw it this weekend.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks like fun...

He still lost both races though.:p

I wish there was a turbo slightly larger than an HX40... I wouldn't mind selling off my DBB FP3065 setup to test it out. Oh well.

He actually won both races. Its indicated by the vertical WIN lights on the scoreboard.

Nice runs, I didnt get to see them in person since I was in the staging lanes all day waiting to make my runs, but I did see the car in person. Its absolutely stunning.

He actually won both races. Its indicated by the vertical WIN lights on the scoreboard.

Nice runs, I didnt get to see them in person since I was in the staging lanes all day waiting to make my runs, but I did see the car in person. Its absolutely stunning.

Let me rephrase that..

He was slower in both races LOL.

We could all definitely see the other guys sleeping at the tree. Great runs none the less and I was just funnin around with ya.:p:thumb:

Nice runs! Which HX40 was it? Wheel specs?

I haven't seen many people run the hx40 pro 6 blades. They flow quite a bit more than the standard 8 blade hx40. Then it seems people run the hx-40 in the .55 AR housings. This really limits them as well. Could this be the reason they generally seem to run around the same as the hx35 setups? I'll have my super mild setup with an hx40-pro in a .63 housing done in the next couple weeks. Should be interesting.

Nice runs! Which HX40 was it? Wheel specs?

I haven't seen many people run the hx40 pro 6 blades. They flow quite a bit more than the standard 8 blade hx40. Then it seems people run the hx-40 in the .55 AR housings. This really limits them as well. Could this be the reason they generally seem to run around the same as the hx35 setups? I'll have my super mild setup with an hx40-pro in a .63 housing done in the next couple weeks. Should be interesting.

Nice run! Everyone says the .55 a/r housing limits them. Any proof?

That car is very clean!!!! And quick.... Nice job on the hx40.

I was also there to see the car run, and let me tell you that car is sick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back