Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > Regional DSM Events > Midwest Region DSM > Des Moines Area DSM Forum
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Des Moines Area DSM Forum: Des Moines metro and surrounding areas

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 06:04 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 40
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 8

Any reputable tuners in IA?

I just traded my RSX for a GSX. I have tried to find a tuner around that people have worked with. Havn't been able to find much. Any help would be appreciated!

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 703
Photos: 2
Classifieds Rating: 4
Here is a great place: 3d Motorsports
Link: Car Service Council Bluffs, IA ( Iowa ) - 3 D Motorsports
You can find discussions on this in the nebraska forums or just search for them.
Rep would be nice please I got downgraded for trolling that 7 bolts crankwalk too much, but any help is apreciated, and good luck.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Thank you. I have looked around and have not been able to find much. I will give them a call tomorrow and talk to them.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:05 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 5
Photos: 14
Theres a local place in Des Moines that deals with DSM's ALOT. One is Called TMF Motorsports & the other one is ImportsUSA. Rodnie from Import is a SUPER nice guy & really helpful. He has helped me with my GSX recently.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Anyone used TMF? they seem to work on mitsu's. just wondering if anyone has any experience.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 5
Photos: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruie View Post
Anyone used TMF? they seem to work on mitsu's. just wondering if anyone has any experience.
I never personally have had work done by them but a few ppl I know has. But from ### ive heard is they are REALLY hard to get ahold of, but once you do u ont regret it. But if wanna know more about shops & ### not join this forum JDMCity.com they are a Des Moines local forum & ALOT more active then on here.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:44 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

This guy at TMF takes forever to respond >.>

Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 174
Classifieds Rating: 6
prime performance in south sioux city is pretty good. its in nebraska but its the only place near me that works on them

Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 11
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to dsmguy904 Send a message via MSN to dsmguy904
Hey Ruie my name is Steve... and I can help you with most of your needs for your DSM! I have been in the DSM/Mitsubishi game since I was 18 and do have a bit of a reputation around here. So if you need anything then give me a shout and i can either help you or point you in the right direction and will answer alot better than Matt at TMF (he is a GREAT guy, good friend of mine, but terrible at answering his phone)

Steve

Old 02-01-2012, 07:20 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

I just need my t-belt and pulleys done, and I don't want to do it by myself :P

Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 11
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to dsmguy904 Send a message via MSN to dsmguy904
yeah i got ya covered on that any idea when exactly you want to do them and do you have at least space to work on it? shouldnt take more than an afternoon or 2 of wrenching and would be glad to walk you through it so you can do the work yourself later on to pass the knowledge on. feel free to text me at 515-556-8476 and we can work something out!

Steve

Old 02-21-2012, 09:03 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: avenger 2.4 swap:boosted
Tech Posts: 713
Photos: 5
Classifieds Rating: 7
Send a message via AIM to glowryder
Welcome Ruie! were gunna have some DSM meets round the Des monies area soon, you should join JDM city and check out the mitsu area there, just in case we forget to post the meets up on this forum!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:17 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 24
thought i'd post on here i got a hold of the guys down at karl performance< owned buy the guy that owns karl chevrolet and as long as you have the wires and software they can tune our cars no idea what the price is i need to get dsm link first

Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

This is an old thread! Hit up syn customs above for tuning