The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

508hp/455tq HX35 dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stock oil drain?
Any pics?

I have been reading all about the -12 drains and you just use a stock one ,haha

Nice power band ! looks like mine when i had the hks272's on. Great job! Just goes to show that a good combination of parts no matter what the brand will work.

Stock oil drain?
Any pics?

I have been reading all about the -12 drains and you just use a stock one ,haha

I don't have any pics. Its just a regular oil drain out of the turbo with a piece of 5/8th's (IIRC) heater hose going to a stock oil drain tube. Nothing crazy. It works for me sooooooo.

Nice power band ! looks like mine when i had the hks272's on. Great job! Just goes to show that a good combination of parts no matter what the brand will work.

Yah it aint bad. I rescently picked up a JMF Drag IM for it to see what kinda gains I could find. So far the car feels a lot stronger on low boost than it did before, but a broken exhaust manifold and junk transmission have been holding me back.

Is this junk manifold a copy of the twin scroll T3 or the undivided T3?

Are you running an internal or external gate? they will flow, I had an external gate error and overboosted and my log hit 76psi before the engine went bang. the crazy thing is it only took like 300rpms to spool from 20ish to 76.
You logged 76 PSI?
Using which MAP sensor? LOL
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
where did you buy the .078 oil restrictor im having a bit of trouble finding one ? :ohdamn:

Yup, I made my oil restrictor out of an oil fitting and nitrous jet. Works good I'm assuming.

Once the exhaust manifold is fixed I'm going back to the dyno to see if I can crack 560awhp or so. I have so many restrictions with my setup so I don't see it making it but who knows.

Have you been back to the dyno?
What RPM do you see full boost?

Reason i ask is im finishing up a similar build running factory the 12cm housing with a DNP T3 manifold.... Id love to build a proper twin scroll manifold but time is of the essence...

thanks

Have you been back to the dyno?
What RPM do you see full boost?

Reason i ask is im finishing up a similar build running factory the 12cm housing with a DNP T3 manifold.... Id love to build a proper twin scroll manifold but time is of the essence...

thanks

full boost around 5k with that setup. Maybe later.

interesting, it's just something i've never heard anyone talk about doing under that much boost especially, even on e85. Aside from one guys post where he had a pic of his wideband going into the 13's under boost on the dyno cause his pump ran out. Most of us that have been tuning it for a while are aiming for mid 12's, i'd like to hear more about going into the 13's with it for sure!

Something like that happened to me once. If I can find the log I will post it here, but a line blew off and it did 13.6:1 with 23psi and 22* timing and still it did not knock.

I remember when I was inducted into the 500hp hall of fame it was a nice feeling welcome;) I have been recently invited to join the 600 whp club but keep falling short but will not give up until I get there. Keep up the good work.
Decided to finally get some numbers on the GSX a couple weeks ago. I was pretty surprised actually at how easily it made over 500hp with my particular setup.

Mods that matter.

Eagle/Wiseco 2.0 6 bolt
8.5:1 compression ratio
ARP headstuds with factory Failpro headgasket
Stock head and valvetrain with FP2 cams
Stock 6 bolt Intake Manifold
Stock 1g Turbo throttle body and 2g elbow
Junk Ebay intercooler
Crushed/Dodge modded 1g BOV
Junk Ebay DNP knock off exhaust manifold
7 blade HX35 with chewed up compressor wheel, w/ 12cm housing, unported and untouched
Tial 35mm wastegate
Full 3 inch exhaust with High flow cat
2g maf, FP intake
1600 cc injectors, single rewired 255 intank, stock lines and filter, E85
DSMLink

That should be everything that matters. First pull at 28 psi made 486 hp/420 tq, second pull at 29 psi made 497 hp/437 tq, then the final pull at 30 psi with 508 hp/455 tq. I have the car tuned for low tq, but the boost kept spiking to a few psi higher than set (spiked to 32 psi and settled to 30), so tq was a bit higher than I'd like. I think this is cause I'm on a 10 lb spring in my wastegate and the boost controller is having a hard time controlling the boost. This last pull started going rich up top so some slight tuning or possibly a boost leak test is in order. No big deal. Its still good to know that there is still plenty more left in this setup if need be, I don't think 550 is out of the question with a few more psi. No plans as of right now to increase the boost though. Enjoy.

I included a log of the 30 psi run as well.

YouTube - 20100709_006.mp4

Nice number I just installed mine hopefully some number soon

Keeping it simple with great results awsome budget build.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back