The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

More Productive Searches

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymoraitis

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2004
Utica, Michigan
For all of the newer members out there, I understand that we have so much information on the site that it can be difficult to weed through the numerous threads that come up when a search is used. To that end, I'd like to share the manner in which I search, which makes life much easier and searches more productive.

1. Instead of typing something in the search box at the top of the screen, click on Advanced Search (right next to the search box).

2. A new window will open. Under the "Search by Keyword" box on the left, click the drop down menu and select "Titles Only".

3. Type in your keywords and marvel at how much more concise the search engine now becomes.

At the bottom of the window, select "save search preferences" and your setting to search titles only will be saved every time you begin a new advanced search. Don't forget that you'll need to use an asterisk on words that are less than three characters (when searching for 2G, use 2G*).

I've found that 95% of the information I'm trying to find comes up within the first or second page of my search and I no longer have to weed through ten pages of threads simply because one of the words I searched for was somewhere in a thread. As a test, I searched for walbro 190 install and had the following results:

Entire Posts: 141 Threads (mostly unrelated topics)
Titles Only: 6 Threads (all of them related to what I was looking for)

Hope that helps and happy searching,

Andy

I agree. By going advanced search, 90% of the time, you can find out a answer to a specific question. I have too been using the advanced search for some time now.

I.E. Say your looking for torque specs of ARP hardware. So you search for "ARP Torque Specs" By selecting the tiltes only option, it will only yeild results with "ARP Torque Specs" in it, rather than naturally bringing up every post with the words "ARP Torque Specs"

Thanks Andy for posting this usefull info!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back