1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Gauge Pods

Posted by eclipse420ags, Jan 28, 2012

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Is the anyone using "OBX Gauge Meter Panel Pod 95-99 Eclipse GS RS GSX GST" off of egay. If so, is it a decent product or should I get one a little more pricey, like the autometer one. On a tight budget, but if its a POS I dont wanna get it. Thanks again.

2. Cornfed4G64

Cornfed4G64 Proven Member

Joined Feb 10, 2011
    Lindwood, Minnesota
    Im not running one. I personally like all my gauges below the dash. More sleeperish you know. But Ive had a few diffrent ones off ebay all seemed to be the same quality and all required drilling

3. Duece McCracken

Duece McCracken Proven Member

Joined Sep 3, 2011
    Feasterville, Pennsylvania
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  4. slayer450

slayer450 Proven Member

Joined Sep 1, 2011
    pontotoc, Mississippi
    That's the one I got, found it on Ebay for 10 bucks. My gauges fit fine but I got cheap sunpro gauges that came with the car for now. Better gauges might be deeper.

977  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    13.120 @ 110.620 · 2G DSM
  5. josh1095

josh1095 Proven Member

Joined Aug 27, 2009
    st. jacob, Illinois
    i just got the glowshift pillar pod. looks and fits nice. i did want a more sleeper look, but i gotta have the gauges where i can see em. didnt look at many other options tbh though.

6. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    So I guess the obx gauge pod you would have to modify the instrument cluster to. What was involved McCracken?

7. CanadianTalonTC

CanadianTalonTC Proven Member

Joined Jul 8, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    Depends how deep your gauges are. If they are excessively deep you may need to cut the dash a bit.

For me I have an AEM Wideband and an AEM Tru Boost and they both fit fine, I only needed to cut 2 small holes to the inside of the gauges on the dash to allow wiring to pass through.

Joel

Fernie-20111117-00037.jpg
    Fernie-20111117-00039.jpg