The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Found out something very cool!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black91TSiAWD

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2004
Binghamton, New_York
So I was at a gas station the other day and this kid walks up to me and say's "I used to own that car, you running it AWD or FWD"? I chuckled a little and said "it's awd man".....he looks at me and says "you know it's got a JDM GVR4 switchable trans in it right?".....basically I was shocked and said no, I never knew. Get it home and crawl underneath the car to check it out, and sure enough there's the 2wd<>4wd sticker and the bolt and bracket right where it should be.....effin A, just thought I'd share this good news. I have no clue if they changed any of the shit they had to to match the gear ratio's, but it drives fine, shifts pretty damn good, and I have the longer 1st and longer overall gears and never noticed it.....pretty badass eh? Just thought I'd share. :thumb:

:thumb: sweet! i'd love to have a surprise like that :rocks:

would you mind posting some pics? I have always wanted to see what one of thoes trannies look like.

Some people have all the luck :mad: That's just like my friend who thought he had a 14B in his Galant for the longest time and when he pulled it out to give to his brother to replace the 13G he had in his Galant (long story), suprise suprise, it was a 16G he had all along OMG

when i first bought a GS-T and i was at a stop about to race a more powerful car.. and i knew i was going to lose because i was going to spin.. light goes green and i was ready for the spinnage.. then instead i eat him up right at the light.. i later find out the car was really a GSX.. OMG

RedTurboEclipse said:
when i first bought a GS-T and i was at a stop about to race a more powerful car.. and i knew i was going to lose because i was going to spin.. light goes green and i was ready for the spinnage.. then instead i eat him up right at the light.. i later find out the car was really a GSX.. OMG

HAHAH ROFL

when i first bought a GS-T and i was at a stop about to race a more powerful car.. and i knew i was going to lose because i was going to spin.. light goes green and i was ready for the spinnage.. then instead i eat him up right at the light.. i later find out the car was really a GSX..

thats funny!!!!. my friend has a 91 tsi with that kind of tranny. Its in FWD mode. i dont think he has swiched it yet.
- any one know where to but one of those here in the US or is it only in japan?? I want one!!!!

DSM_GSX4life said:
- any one know where to but one of those here in the US or is it only in japan?? I want one!!!!
check the classifieds, i've run across a few

Here's some pics courtesy of Tom Stangl from the Vfaq. He doesnt say and I cant find any clear information on how the plunger retracts so it goes back into AWD mode, I havent tried it yet because of that fact. If anybody knows It would be much appreciated. I cant wait to try it out just to see what my car feels like as FWD.

the rod should pop out when u remove the bolt and bracket, same on the t-case, and it should pop right back in with a little bit of force, you may have to roll the car a little bit back and fouth to get the two gears to line up before the locking sleeve lines up and pops into place.

RedTurboEclipse said:

so umm, you never looked under the car just for shits and giggles to see if it had a rear diff or not?

wow thats awsome!....ive always wanted to know what my car felt like as fwd too. Thats soo cool, must feel cool to know you can switch back and forth.

You get best of both worlds, the AWD launch and the FWD highway pull (but with added weight) but who cares about that really ! haha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back