The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

crazy electrical problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vertGST

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 1, 2002
Miramar, Florida
Ok, here goes. Just recenty i started having this electrical problem. I start the car and its fine. When i turn on my lights my clock blinks off and then right back on on the radio. When i have the parking lights on and then turn on the headlights the lights blink off then on real fast. When all the lights are on and i step on the brake or turn on the turn signal the lights dims a lot. The car has a brand new battery and alternator and it still has this problem. I checked all my grounds and my electrical connections. Before i changed the alternator my car would sometimes lose all power when i turned the lights on or i put the car in reverse. I have checked everything i can think of and i am stuck overe here. i need to figure out what the hell it is before i start messing with and electrical devices i want to install in the car:( Also when the car is idling you can see the lights not being on steady on the dash. They kind of flicker in and out lightly. I am stuck and have no idea what this could be.

Hey bud,
Had the same problems...turned out to be 2 things
1) The battery's positive terminal was arching to the hood.
2) The connection from the positive terminal wasn't very good at all...I had to bang on it with a hammer, but a much better fix would be to use some dielectric grease.

The main problem though, was the power arching to the hood. Hope this helps you out.

damn 2 months and 30 problems later :laugh: someone finally replies. thanks i figured it out. i bought the red and green washer that goes on the battery posts and they actually prevented the battery and terminals from making a good connection. i tossed those and just tightened donw the terminals and bam, problem is gone.

Thanks for responding :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back