The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

xs power? Borg Warner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inneed4dsm

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2007
Elkhart, Indiana
im in between deciding what turbo to get... is xs power ebay brand stuff? or is it good? and i was considering the borg warner s200 series turbo cause its not too big which is what i want... are they good?

Please don't ever compare XS Power and other ebay junk to Borg Warner.

BW is an extremely established, reliable, advanced, and efficient turbo company. They supply many OEM turbos for cars like AUDI and VW.

Since your profile has absolutely no information in it, I can't tell you what "too big" of a turbo is. You don't go slap on a S200 series turbo to a factory car or a "lightly modded, including the phrase "but I got intake/header/exhaust.."

You need all supporting fuel mods, a larger intercooler, tuning/logging capabilities, and a whole lot more. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be crappy, but seriously dude, do some research before you post a question like "what's better... a Borg Warner or xs power I looked up on ebay."

Look in to the upgrade paths found here: Tech Guide - DSMtuners

complete all those mods, then you're ready for a real turbo.

With XS Power's latest run of garbage parts being sold wearing the branding of the part they're copying, I actually believe that company is worse than the stuff you find on eBay. At least when you buy eBay garbage you're paying what it's worth instead of paying for a brand name part and getting something made in a sweatshop by Huang Bai who's assembling turbochargers with her hands and Windex spray nozzles with her feet.

BW turbos are proven reliable on tons of diesel applications. I wouldn't hesitate to run one if I wasn't such a Holset fan.

I have a Bord Warner s372 with a race housing. I would pick this turbo over XS and Garett if you ask me. The price of BW is great and they build very good turbos with excellence spool. Here is a Pic of my BW Turbo

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

BW is in a totally different league then xs power. You should check out the holset threads if you looking for a cheap reliable very efficient turbo.

yes my profile has not been updated recently but i do have the supporting mods i was just gunna run 16g but i saw that a car with close to the same setup as mine put down 402hp at the wheels on 25 psi with the s256 so i was just a little unsure of what to think... i think im gunna stick with the 16g though because i've still seen good numbers and fast cars with that turbo

Xs power was nothing but a nightmare for me. The turbo wasn't that bad I don't guess (other than getting shaft play with 34 miles on it) but the wastegate they sent wasn't worth the metal it was made out of. If I had the choice I would steer clear of the xs power unless they have changed something since I last had one. From what I hear on here the BW's seem to be quality turbos. Just my 2 cents.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back