The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Wont Speed Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zincone91

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2009
Warwick, Rhode_Island
Well i have a 1991 Talon TSI i just rebuilt the motor all stock just shaved the head also have a evo3 16g turbo.. i had it at 12psi it ran fine once i turned it up to 18psi whenever i was in 3rd 4th or 5th and punch it once i get to about 3,500 and the psi hits 18 the rps stop moving and the acceleration is terrible but yet the cars all loud like it should be goin faster any ideas???? :confused:

You cant run 18 psi on a stock fuel system. You were hitting fuel cut I bet. You need a fuel pump and larger injectors (550cc+).. The stock fuel system cannot support 18 psi of boost my friend

You cant run 18 psi on a stock fuel system. You were hitting fuel cut I bet. You need a fuel pump and larger injectors (550cc+).. The stock fuel system cannot support 18 psi of boost my friend

ik that i just turned my boost control too many times but it didn't feel like a cutout
but it didn't make any sounds are like stutter

Did your boost gauge say you were actually hitting 18psi?

Wow thats crazy. Well it wouldnt speed up because your system couldnt handle what you were demanding at the time. Or your clutch was slipping.

Not necessarily. if your clutch was slipping your boost gauge would show some high amount of boost (whatever you have it set at), your RPM 's would be really high and your car would seem like its going through RPM's alot faster than usual and your car would seem like its hardly moving at all mainly because your clutch isnt grabbing

Not necessarily. if your clutch was slipping your boost gauge would show some high amount of boost (whatever you have it set at), your RPM 's would be really high and your car would seem like its going through RPM's alot faster than usual and your car would seem like its hardly moving at all mainly because your clutch isnt grabbing
Thats exactly what I was thinking.
Dont hurt to replace it anyways.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back