The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

white smoke between center housing and exhaust manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natertater

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2008
san diego, California
hello all, just got my used turbo back on the car and running, and i noticed white smoke coming from between the turbine housing and center section. pretty sure its water/coolant, smells slighlty sweet, but not too much. no blue at all, and doesnt smell like hot oil. i also noticed that my radiator fan does not work, and seen the hack job on the wires...anyone sell good a/c fan and rad fan for cheap for a 1g? anyone else worry about the housing(s) smoking like this? could be bad coolant jacket in turbo?

I have 2 stock radiator fans that are both working just went to slim fans. If you want them you can have them for 5 bucks each plus pay shipping and they are yours. I am trying to get rid of parts laying around that's why they are so cheap. Slim fans are the way but if you want stock fans you are more than welcome to them.

If you are noticing smoke, I would say its leaking and when the turbo gets hot it burning it. Get crush washers and make sure it's sealing up tight. Use a torque wrench when tightening the banjo bolts

PM if interested in the fans

white smoke ceased about third run and warm up after turbo installed...must have been nothing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back