The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What Turbo is this? [Merged] Turbo ID Identification

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well he wants 30 bucks for the turbo, im gonna buy it the day after tommorow. anyone wanna rebuild it for me?

well he wants 30 bucks for the turbo, im gonna buy it the day after tommorow. anyone wanna rebuild it for me?

PM Jusmx141

I believe all the parts are interchangeable with MHI parts, he will know for sure.

Can anyone help me identify this 16g? I got it a while ago in a trade for a passenger door I had lying around. It has shaft play, in/out and side to side. Therefore, I know it needs rebuilt. I know it is not a real 16g. From my searches on here, I think it is one of the EVO III 16g's that turbochargers.com used to sell. Since those used real TDH05 parts I will have it rebuilt and use it. If it is an ebay one I will most likely wait till income tax time and buy a real, but used, 16g or 14b. If it can be rebuilt, is there anyone I can send it to? There are no shops locally that rebuild turbo's. It says EVO III GT on the housing and has a row of numbers S04120494 with another row under it 49178-01470. Thank you for any help.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be a junker 16g.. commonly called the "eBay 16g" or a variant thereof!

also look up jusmx141 on here for advice about having it rebuilt / replaced

I'm fairly sure that the air side of the housing reads TD05H, and I believe I've seen the ebay turbo's with the "EVO 3 GT" on them. No guarantee but that has been my experience so far. There is a guy on here who rebuilds turbos (JustinMX maybe?), also I know of a shop where we buy our rebuilt diesel turbos from, but that's here in Nebraska, however they will do every kind. But I'm thinking thats a knockoff anyways so I guess it doesn't matter to much.

I have heard pretty good things about those turbos, knockoff evoIII, but perform well nonethelesss,

ebay turbos can be fine sometimes, iv gone over a year with my b16g and zero shaftplay:D

I have heard pretty good things about those turbos, knockoff evoIII, but perform well nonethelesss,

ebay turbos can be fine sometimes, iv gone over a year with my b16g and zero shaftplay:D

:banghead: It is not a ebay turbo at all, It is a REAL 16g evo iii nothing like those crap ebay paperweight's.

EVO III GT Facts

Its a knock off that some claim/proven to work well. Authentic Evo3 Turbos are called evoIII because they come off the Lancer Evolution III, you wont find one of those "EVO3 GT" on a stock EvoIII. For the cost of those things, I wouldn't even rebuild it, just buy a new one. A rebuild is going to cost you 200~350 bucks, those ebay turbos are about 200~350 bucks. Just buy a new one.

Just wanted to set the facts strait for 4g63eagle. The OEM mitsu will say TDO5H on it, and on the part number casted into it, where there is a blank spot, if 470 is engraved into it, then its and E316G
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-turbo-system-intercooler/313105-16g-serial-numbers.html

104641d1262050937-what-turbo-merged-turbo-id-002.jpg

^ ^

Evo III GT, once built and distributed by GT Concepts through Turbochargers.com. This turbo is no longer in production. These turbos were built of Taiwan parts, the same as the FP 6SL2 turbos of late.

Early Evo III GT's had trouble with turbine breakage which seemed to be remedied in the later models that were assembled in the U.S.

The Evo III GT's use the same parts as a MHI Evo III 16G.

hey question for someone out there, im not sure what kind of turbo this is, i was told it was a big 16g, but it looks too damn small to be one.

i pulled the numbers off of it and they are;

TD05H
4917801-291704

yeah nothing comes up. it pulls like hell at about 5k, which ive read that the big 16g has a hard top end pull to it. but the thing is puiny, if this thing is a 16g, i think it may be a retarted dwarf version of the 16g family.

i just looked at it again and i forgot a number in the serial number

its
4917801-L291704 i forgot the L previously

Hey, i'm thinking of buying this turbo. It has the dsm hotside to bolt straight up.
The owner of it has no clue what turbo it is.
Is there any chance that anybody knows what this is?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back