The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

What do you think of this Muffler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I finally got the car taken to the exhaust shop. While I was at it I added a Megan 3" Downpipe with a hollowed out Cat and had a machine shop port the O2 housing. :cool:
Note: The Megan downpipe is not a "bolt on" upgrade since I HAD to port the O2 housing to avoid exhaust leakage AND have thinner bolts applied to the housing for the lug to clear the enlarged downpipe. If I could go back I would order an upgraded Megan O2 housing or something like it since the cost would've been only slightly higher. THe last image is a video if you click on it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've now learned to buy brand-name mufflers with full stainless cores (Magnaflow, Dynomax, etc) after the cores broke inside the muffler on two completely different off-brand systems on my daily-driver GS. These mufflers were all full-stainless piping and canisters that still look like new on the outside but have completely fallen apart on the inside.

My 'venge has a muffler like that and is def. loud. So for the 1g, i went with something like this...a little hard to see but its a 3inch in with dual 2.25 outs. It's not that obnoxious and it looks stock!

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 61
Seriously guys, There is really no excuse to run that chromed out ebay muffler if you are trying to stay on the downlow, while retaining good sound and performance.

MagnaFlow XL 3 Chamber Muffler 13288 | eBay

A whopping $30 more than that crap ebay muffler, and guess what...ITS ON FREAKIN EBAY.

Come on now...loosen up those purse strings.

Oh, my bad, it's only $20 more.

Seriously guys, There is really no excuse to run that chromed out ebay muffler if you are trying to stay on the downlow, while retaining good sound and performance.

MagnaFlow XL 3 Chamber Muffler 13288 | eBay

A whopping $30 more than that crap ebay muffler, and guess what...ITS ON FREAKIN EBAY.

Come on now...loosen up those purse strings.

Oh, my bad, it's only $20 more.

I guess it all comes down to what's important to you. If you don't care that your muffler looks like $hit and just want one that flows and keeps the noise down you could go with that Magnaflow. I wanted a dirt cheap muffler that looked great and had a 3" inlet so thats what I got, and I'm very pleased.

Man those are some of the sickest looking ones in my opinion. You should get that done to your car, I'm sure it sounds great to. That's the same one you get on forza to haha.

yes!! blackGSX2g!! i was waiting and hoping someone was gonna post that otherwise i wouldve! :D i personally think it is the best muffler! i cant wait to get a 4g63 motor in my colt so that i can put one of those bad boys on it! coming out in the center! its gonna look so sick!

but back to mufflers. yes it is expensive. but like you said you live in cali. this muffler gives you the best of both worlds. and like jusmx141 said buying off brand can have its disadvantages. so sometimes the money is worth it in the long run!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back