The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What do I need for front shock/struts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fryguy

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2002
Ludlow, Massachusetts
I've currently got KYB AGX gas shocks in the rear I'm a 2gnt. I've been having some problems with my front right suspension (not sure if it's the strut or what), but I want to get new struts up front. I want some nice struts, but I don't want to pay a hell of a lot of money. I was looking at nopionline and tokico doesn't seem to make front struts for 2gnts. And KYB doesn't seem to make front struts, only shocks, and this is where I'm getting confused.

What do I need up front? Just struts, just shocks, or both? Also, if tokico does make front struts for 2wds, can someone point me out to them?

Is it worth the extra money to get electronically adjustable shocks? All that will let me do is adjust the stiffness of the ride right? Not really change anything worth changing for street use?

Oh yah, I'm currently sitting on stock tires (going to get 17s eventually), and an eibach prokit.

The KYB AGX number you need is 741042 for the front. Those are the AGX's. The n/t's and turbo's use the same part number for the shocks. It only took me 5 minutes to research this on KYB's website. If you don't want KYB's up front then it stands to reason that the Tokico would be the same way.

The only Mitsu that I know of that came with electronic suspension is the 3000GT so there is no need to concern yourself with that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back