The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMS40

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 15, 2009
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana
so i have my motor out and im waiting on parts and have been bored the past few nights, ibe just been cleaning and sand blasting alot of stuff. . LOL

i was wondering what can i do to clean up my turbo?
i think it was installed in 05 is what the bill says so i was gonna take it apart and clean her. . any advice ? or what to do? its a big 16g

okay what can i do myself though?
im not sure if it needs rebuilt havent heard it run. .
i was just gonna clean it up if possable,

never mind the link you gave me goes in depth thank you?!

If it doesn't need to be rebuilt and all you want to do is clean it up then just hit the out side of the housing (outside only) with brake cleaner and wipe it down. Hit it with some never dull and wipe it down again and it should look pretty nice.

A Scotchbrite scrubbing pad (the green ones you get for washing dishes) will work wonders on the dirt that builds up on the aluminum compressor housing.

Please remember to use proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, capitalization, etc. in your future posts. Thank you.

well if you have lots of free time like myself you can start out with 600 grit sand paper and work your way up to about 2500 grit and get some blue magic polish,, (aluminum side only of course) and i also shaved and smoothed out rough edges with my dremel,, i have about 20 hours into my 16g and not many people can do this because most people have real jobs or just better things to do with their time :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back