The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Timing Hydraulic Tensioner bolt size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintball4fun21

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2006
onalaska, Wisconsin
What size are the 2 bolts that hold on the hydraulic tensioner? I seem to have lost them while doing a timing belt job.

I am not sure off the top of my head, but I would pull them off of another car, like a non running 2.0 4g63 or get them from the dealer, especially the one you tighten to adjust it, as it is really important that it goes together perfectly, and I noticed this bolt torques down quickly, like it is kind of special to the application, maybe it's steel or something.

You picked one of the most vital bolts to lose, way to crucial of a part to go and buy at Lowe's/Home Depot IMHO.

You'd be better of spending $20 for 2 bolts from the dealer if need be, than having a problem in that area, if you catch my drift.

there only 5$ a bolt on Slowboys site. I seemed to have lost one when doing my motor rebuild, why is it that bolt gets lost so easily?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back