The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

so what were the mods on your cars when you bought them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aproductions

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Allentown, Pennsylvania
I bought my 1999 Eclipse gs-t in January of 2009 with 42900 miles.

It had a flood, and reconstructed title and came with:

black projector headlights

spec D tuning BOV (vented):ohdamn:

the chrome intakes intake ( the $55 one on ebay)

some lightened crank pulley

some type S shift knob

some headunit

weird things:

broken neon lights under the glove compartment and steering wheel

aftermarket alarm (not the system, just the alarm/horn) that wasn't wired but it was hid behind the ECU.

pieces of glass from an old smashed window, I think, all under the center console

an unpainted mirror in the trunk

so what have you guys gotten?

BONE STOCK. the only way

6 bolt swap(swapping back to 7bolt XD )
Egay shift knob(now have gvr4 shift knob)
exel speed wheels
slotted rotors
stupid orange and yellow paint all over random parts the p.o could spray

i got a crappy title that i had to go to court in order to get!
a short ram intake
missing interior
no trunk interior
no stereo
and a freaking hassle to get that title!
ah i hate scammers

The guy I got the car from just trashed it.He was like an ape with a baseball bat destroyed everything.He even cracked the windsheild.Three years later got the car to stock form and running. I had a blast getting it running and driving it. Decieded to redo it this summer I'm in the middle of a complete engine and tranny upgrade.

eBay 16G, eBay type-s knock off, ACT 2600, and the crankwalk mod.

Female owned stock with 100k on the dot
1 year later
intake/3in exhaust/ ported tb/ ported exhaust mani/ ported 16g/ dsmlink v3/ 2.5in hard ic/ monster fmic/ prosport gauge. Still got to put on my 1600s, coil overs/ pump rewire and buy a wideband/ 255 fp/ and afpr.
Right now doing a hg replacement along with all head up gaskets along with arp headstuds and timing belt. :D

97 gst

mhi e316g
apexi turbo back exhaust
stock 7bolt with 1g intake manifold and cas (witch wasnt wired)
dejon smic
walbro 190
1g bov (vented)
kyb shocks
eibach springs

NOT BAD FOR 400...

Stock, except for a bumper sticker(which was removed and handed back to the p.o as he was signing the title) and a fast and furious park bench spoiler. It was horrible, had to go asap.

the stock clear coat peeling wont turn over no spark or fuel mod, i know, i was lucky, LOL

I am not a personal advocate of just swapping over to a 6 bolt just for the sake of it being a 6 bolt, but um, why would you swap back?

Because the engine had burnt valves, worn piston rings, etc. Whoever swapped it did a disastrous job, and I already bought a built 7 bolt shortblock before I knew it was a 6 bolt! doh! We all have our noobish times

I bought mine with a nice hole in the short ram intake due to it rubbing up against the battery. That was just one of a few ghetto things that came with the car:p

I got lucky enough to get broken door locks, no trunk interior, no dome light, shitty deck, a massive coolant leak, leaking valve cover gasket, and bald tires. But I found a 5 dollar bill under the passenger seat so that makes up for it:)

my Hyundai Elantra GLS had the 4g61 head swapped on to it, with untorqued head bolts. and a bad thermostat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back