The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Side mount + front mount in one setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw a thread like this already and they said that it was a bad idea. Something about not enough flow or...something.

I think if you don't need that amount of core volume, it would not yield any benifit because of the amount of pressure loss due to drag and increased lag that would be caused by both intercoolers.

I suppose if one were running large amount of flow where it required a very large core volume then it would work. Keep in mind every intercooler causes pressure loss and it is not benificial to have too much core area if you don't need it due to these pressure losses.

Yep, it's pressure drop that will get you. You, ideally, want to cool the air and not interfere with it's flow at all. Multiple intercoolers, particularly the stock sidemount which is not terribly efficient, are not the way to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back