The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Removing lines over driver side strut tower

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StatikPulse

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario_Canada
I've got some rust I'm looking to take care of on my driver's side strut tower and need to remove/move the A/C and power steering lines. I'm wondering what the best way to go about this is.

My A/C is currently not working, needs to be recharged according to the previous owner so I'm wondering if it's safe to remove.

As for the power steering lines, will I need to drain the fluid first?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Remove the lines power steering leave it alone. Safe to remove you going to recharge it leave it bee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I stuck flare wrenches on my A/C and threw some wrags over it with some gloves and just took it loose. A fac esheild is a good idea as well. My A/C had a good charge when I took it off. If yours has leaked till it doesn't work then there isn't much to worry about but i would still cover up the lines and protect yourself to undo the lines.

I undid the A/C line and nothing came out.. I'll move it out of the way for now and work on the A/C delete later on.

The power steering lines will need to come out as I can't move them far enough to work and it looks like the damage goes up to the ABS lines so those will need to be moved as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back