The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G rear end conversion talon-eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocknsnoboarder

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 30, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
tried searching but could only find info for the conversion of different years on the same car.
i have a 1gb talon tsi and a 1gb eclipse gs. i want to take the bumper from my eclipse and put it on the talon. by my eye it looks like it should just be a direct swap, but can anyone confirm this or tell me what exactly i am going to need.
thanks

Mod Edit: Added "1Gb" to the title

not sure what you mean?
i thought that the only difference between years was in 90-92 cars and then 92-94 cars.
both rears are coming from the b version of the 1g

rocknsnoboarder said:
not sure what you mean?
i thought that the only difference between years was in 90-92 cars and then 92-94 cars.
both rears are coming from the b version of the 1g
Ok man the two well interchange with each other. the mounting holes or brackets might be a little different.

I think that the center section of the talon taillights throws it off a little, unless you change taillights too. The Talon bumper looks better with those vent at the bottom anyway.

DiamondStarM said:
I think that the center section of the talon taillights throws it off a little, unless you change taillights too. The Talon bumper looks better with those vent at the bottom anyway.

i would be changing tailights at the same time,
so i'm taking that as it should be a pretty basic swap.
thanks

Trucloner11 said:
dude just sell the talon and buy an eclipse
he has both but wants his turbo vehicle to have the eclipse rear end, why sell a good car when all you have to do it change simple taillights and a bumper, its no different then putting on altezzas and a body kit besides the fact that the stock pieces look better

Lets try this question: Has anyone performed this swap on 1Gb?

The bumper cover upper mounting brackets are definitely different. Not having a Talon cover in front of me, I can't tell if I can still make it work if I simply cut out the GSX center support section to allow for Talon's larger center piece.

So, has anyone done this?

I have 3 reasons for contemplating this swap:

1. Talon rear end is more attractive
2. 1Gb GSX has this weird "chamfer" angle between two vertical feature. That angle is almost NEVER straight, so it looks even worse :(.
3. My GSX has damaged rear cover and I have access to several Talon rear bumper cover none GSX covers...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back