The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

QUICK QUESTIONS, Easy stuff for you pros

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomGuy

Probationary Member
May 21, 2005
Lilburn, Georgia
What is the stock turbo on a AWD 2G eclipse talon?
-what is the stock boost on the 2G AWD?

What car is the "16G" from stock?
-And what is the stock waste set at?

I just bought a 16G (i'd assume its a small 16G)
Need some info.

Thanks in advance

Heres a pic: (TD05 16G)

Attachments

• turbosmall.jpg
    turbosmall.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 111
stock 2g turbo is the t25,and its set at around 12 or so psi stock.and theres not a stock car that the 16g is on,besides the evo's.did the guy you bought the turbo off of say it came off his car or what?the wastegate will open at the same psi if you use your stock boost controller.

Like said before, stock 2g turbo is t25 and its set for around 11 or 12 psi but every car is a little different. The 16g comes stock on evos and I believe they also came on JDM Galant VR-4s.

I was wondering, because this is going on a starion and on the stock computer I will hit a fuel cut at 10PSI.

b4christ15 said:
The 16g comes stock on evos and I believe they also came on JDM Galant VR-4s.
Hrm, I've seen the BIG 16G or Super16G come from the evo. I am fairly sure the S16G is OEM, it is pretty much the 16G i have, but with a larger compressor side. I think the evo3 was the first one with the large 16, so I am assuming this is prior to the evo3?

A friend of mine has a 20G'd Conquest with a 1G MAF running 15lbs and he never hits fuel cut.

on a dsm hitting fuel cut is a factor of many things not just a certain boost level. i would assume its the same way on a starion but i'm not entirely sure. you can do searches to read more on fuel cut. try vfaq and 1000 already answered questions for starters.

for some reason i'm thinking stock boost is 8psi. if you take out the restrictor in the boost solenoid it goes up 3 or 4 psi.

Cutlassjim said:
A friend of mine has a 20G'd Conquest with a 1G MAF running 15lbs and he never hits fuel cut.
The 88 and 89 ECU's have no fuel cut(or a higher resistance). The pre 88 ECUS DO ;)
I know my starions, I'm just semi new to DSM's
The only way around the fuel cut is to get the FCD, but thats 100$ wasted since I'm getting a new standalone

check out my site www.g54b.com :)

Yeah, I am thinking of wasting and BOVing the excess past 10psi, if I can t do it at the waste side on stock waste.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back